The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

The writers and producers for the shows are the same though, and that's where the core of the problem is.

This! I quote liked episode 1, but yeah.. there was such a discontinuity in tone and consistency in episode 2. If they suggest in episode 3 that the Covenant are hyper-evolved dolphins revenging man's polluting of Earth, I wouldn't bat an eyelid at this stage. I'm like.. yeah, sure.. makes sense. :yep2:

More like the first half of the first episode was different from the 2nd half of the first episode which was the same as the 2nd episode.

But even then, there are some REALLY stupid things in the first half of the first episode.

The gatling gun that Master Chief uses to take down some Elites is the exact same gatling gun that the insurrectionists were shooting the Elites with. OK, I can almost give that a pass if we think that the insurrectionists are unfamiliar with combat (like what?) and so didn't know what to do when faced with a combat situation against superior foes (I mean the Spartans they've been fighting are far less powerful than Elites right?) and so just decided to run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Then when "scouting" through the forest, one Spartan points to the incredibly obvious covenant craft from just a few feet away. A craft that could be spotted from 100's of yards (or meters) because it wasn't camouflaged in any way nor was it in dense overgrowth nor was it even sitting BEHIND a hill but on TOP of it. It really made the Spartans looks like complete noob dumbasses. It was just so striking since that sequence came right after they spent all that time showing how badass the Spartans are in combat. AAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHH.

But regardless, the 2nd half of the first episode was basically exactly the same as the 2nd episode in terms of consistency. Just so much stupidity on display.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
They could have basically just done Fall of Reach leading up to the start of Halo CE & had a massive success.
Whatever the heck they're doing I dunno :nope:

I watched the first episode of All of us are Dead (83% Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB 7.6) on Netflix last night. It's a Korean zombie series set in a highs cool at outbreak time. It feels like a live version of the anime High School of the Dead.

It is tremendously entertaining. It has solid action, special effects and production values. Hopefully it holds ip over the rest of the series, which is 12 episodes long. It's dual-audio with anEnglish dub for those who are not fans of subtitles.

I have to say, everything I've seen from Korea on Netflix has been damn good.

I watched the first episode of All of us are Dead (83% Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB 7.6) on Netflix last night. It's a Korean zombie series set in a highs cool at outbreak time. It feels like a live version of the anime High School of the Dead.

It is tremendously entertaining. It has solid action, special effects and production values. Hopefully it holds ip over the rest of the series, which is 12 episodes long. It's dual-audio with anEnglish dub for those who are not fans of subtitles.

I have to say, everything I've seen from Korea on Netflix has been damn good.

If I can find some time to watch a TV series, this sounds like it would be a good palate cleanser to get the taste of that "other" show out of my head. :p

Regards,
SB

Surprisingly the series All of Us are Dead was far more serious and engaging than others on Netflix. I figured it would be a mindless fun little romp like the other Zombie genre entries, but it delivered so much more.

Whoa! I though it was just generic high-school zombie series.

I guess now I have a series to watch while fasting! Thanks!

halo? pfffffffffffffft id rather watch gary oldman as a slobby spy with holes in his socks and a drinking habit in slow horses :)

Halo episode 3. I liked it. If you didn't like episodes 1 or 2, nothing here isgoing to convert you. But the relationship being built between Cortana and John is really good. :yes:

Halo episode 3. I liked it. If you didn't like episodes 1 or 2, nothing here isgoing to convert you. But the relationship being built between Cortana and John is really good. :yes:
Lol. Episode 3 seriously just went Dead Space. From the very beginning when they are beating children to death to the extraction of cortana. I was like whoooaa. This is no kids show hahah.

the show turned dark pretty quick honestly. Love it.

Severance series finale, WOAH!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Two of the best series out right now I would say are Ted Lasso and Severance, and both are Apple TV so almost no one I know has any clue about them. Aggravating!

Back