The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

I watched all of Agents of SHIELD recently by the way. Kind of a go to thing when I had nothing else. It’s … not all bad, but it’s definitely not very good either. Almost all of the actors are really just not good enough. We probably got spoilt with all the shows with actually talented actors.

I really liked the SHIELD actors (except for Simmons, so boring...), but I think I have really low acting standards.

I watched it mainly for Chloe Bennet, aka Chloe Wong. Elizabeth Henstridge also nice to watch.

They've also had other beautiful actresses during its run, both as cast members and guest stars.

Of course Disney so mostly PG stuff.

It started out being kind of like junior Avengers or the support team for The Avengers. Early villains were nothing as scary as those in The Avengers movies. They try to meld the plots with the Avengers movies but at some point, it broke off and it started having stories with stakes for the planet and the universe.

At that point, why would they confront those enemies instead of calling in The Avengers? They had to give the Chloe Bennet character superhero powers herself. I think Samuel Jackson once made a short appearance but otherwise, the big dogs were too important for the part of the MCU that the Agents of SHIELD lived in.

The Expanse was absolutely awesome, but I'd say it was extremely different to any Trek, good or bad. The Orville on the other hand - that's basically a low rent version of TNG (and great).

Dude.... :nope:

Yeah The Orville is interesting. At the start it really didn’t feel like it was sure what it even wanted to be. It starts out as something that feels it wants to be a parody of Star Trek, but then it becomes a Star Trek but with kind of very ordinary people as the cast. In the end it doesn’t even feel that far off from SHIELD.

The Orville has promise, the one episode that felt like an actual decent quality Star Trek episode was the one where they recreated someone from an old phone.

Yes, loving Severance.
Liminal Space/Backrooms kind of vibes, lovely Kubrickish shots, quirky characters, creepy corporate shenanigans & some awkward moral issues.
I'm absolutely hooked.

Ouch, AngryJoeShow review of the first 2 Halo episodes says the 2nd episode is quite a bit worse than the first episode. /sigh.

That's what happens when you give it to a production team and writers who flat out said they don't care about the games, they didn't play the games, and they didn't look at much of the Halo lore.

Imagine Marvel handing off the IP for various hero properties to production crews and writers who didn't bother to look at any of the comics or graphic novels. :p

Like, WTF?

Regards,
SB

Actually, he also puts out glowing good reviews for things that he likes. There are games and movies that get 9/10 and even the rare 10/10 from him.

Regards,
SB

yes, but he will still be angry, with lots of yelling and silly CGI hahaha.

although his reviews usually have clear points. So its quite helpful. I just wish he upload a 2nd version of his reviews with more concise pacing, fluff removed.

Doesn't he hate on everything because hate gets more clicks?
2022 is the year of people are abandoning their brands. I recently saw a semi-positive review of No Way Home from @WhiningKhan. Of a movie around 8,280 seconds long, the Khan "whines" that "some seconds could have been cut seconds could be cut". ?

I cancelled my subscription there and then. :yep2:

Boba Fett...pretty good, although somewhere around 1/2 way it basically ends up another madalorian series.
Reacher...good
Picard series 2....enjoying this series a lot more than the first, seems pacier/punchier.

Looking forward to the LOTRs series.

Back