Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Now having an update with a 384MB or something size taking quite a long time in the ‘copying’ step. Then the actual installing step was very fast. Maybe it was downloaded to internal and then copied to NVME external not sure (GT7 is on my NVME slot 2TB drive)

I dont get it. What do you mean clocking up enough in game achievement currency?
In both Uncharted and The Last of Us games you get certain points for doing things, like getting 100 headshots, then 500 headshots, or stealth kills, or completing the game on certain difficulties and so on.

You can then "spend" the points to unlock secret modes and rendering options etc. The Last of Us Part II has quite a few cheats like super-slow-mo-aiming, unlimited ammo and one-shot kills that you can "buy" with achievement points.

In both Uncharted and The Last of Us games you get certain points for doing things, like getting 100 headshots, then 500 headshots, or stealth kills, or completing the game on certain difficulties and so on.

You can then "spend" the points to unlock secret modes and rendering options etc. The Last of Us Part II has quite a few cheats like super-slow-mo-aiming, unlimited ammo and one-shot kills that you can "buy" with achievement points.

Looks like Sony copied this from earlier Ubisoft titles, with their UbiPlay Club. At least that's where I first saw stuff like this during PS360 days. I think some Assassin Creed games had it where you spent Ubi points on cosmetics. Might have even been better equipment of in-game stats too.

Looks like Sony copied this from earlier Ubisoft titles, with their UbiPlay Club. At least that's where I first saw stuff like this. I think some Assassin Creed games had it where you spent Ubi points on cosmetics. Might have even been better equipment of in-game stats too.

Insomniac were doing this back on PS2, the first time I saw Achievements linked to unlockables were the original Ratchet & Clank. I'm sure there are examples that predate that, but that was my first experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of games are doing more or less similar, for example recent Resident Evil games had things like character models, weapons, cheats... that you could unlock with points you earned in game.
Hardly a "Sony thing".

Reactions: snc
Now having an update with a 384MB or something size taking quite a long time in the ‘copying’ step. Then the actual installing step was very fast. Maybe it was downloaded to internal and then copied to NVME external not sure (GT7 is on my NVME slot 2TB drive)

The last cp77 ps5 update i had this week had a veey fast copy for me.

Who claimed it was a "Sony thing"? Are you arguing with one of the many people on my ignore list? If so, carry on. :yep2:
I wasn't arguing with you or any one in specific.
Sorry, my reaction was just that I read in some posts a list of Sony games that do that, and thought in my mind "yes, indeed a lot of games in PS platform do that!"... but then I remembered the RE games have similar reward mechanisms and thought it maybe I should post this revelation in the forums.
So I was actually arguing with myself.

woho, golded all licenses, needed to drive around 600km in last license to get it ;d

View attachment 6367

Ended up spending 18 mil credits on that Porsche not knowing how much of a pain it is to drive lol.

Still seriously impressed by the lighting and procedural cloud sim given the cross-gen nature of the game.

Gran-Turismo-7-20220325214005.jpg

Gran-Turismo-7-20220325214354.jpg

Gran-Turismo-7-20220325214105.jpg

Ended up spending 18 mil credits on that Porsche not knowing how much of a pain it is to drive lol.

Still seriously impressed by the lighting and procedural cloud sim given the cross-gen nature of the game.

Gran-Turismo-7-20220325214005.jpg

Gran-Turismo-7-20220325214354.jpg

Gran-Turismo-7-20220325214105.jpg
18m o_O did you use script ?:d

I’ve driven a tonne of Daily race B, bringing up my DR to B and managing a 1.33.1 today which puts me at the front of the pack in most races now. The first time I started on pole though my tv went into standby [emoji2959] … I did notice an interesting thing though, when I tried to pause the game instinctively, AI took over my car. It lost positions quickly but still a nice touch.

That lap is just 2.5s from the top times which is really good for me actually. I’ll never have as much time as I had now though, recovering from and being in isolation for COVID.

The online has generally been really good though [emoji106]

Last edited:
Back