Forspoken (Project Athia) [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Well they have about 3 months to bring up performance. I am guessing this is new footage ?

It's old beta gameplay and trailers from last year when the devs were doing their previews with the press and sent out unpolished b-roll footage to be used in articles and video previews. Footage was meant to be cut up but some sites just released the whole thing vanilla which looked awkward.

Last edited:
looks like the lesseon learned from FF XV was that making a bustling city was too hard / too much dev time. they made games in empty lands with few enemies.

anyway, wont be buying this thing at launch as my region's regional pricing made it more expensive than U.S. price.

Would not be surprised if it was pushed back again.

Thanks to forpsoken delay, I can send my 5 months old GPU to RMA.

I was in lament whether to RMA it asap and not play forpsoken or play forpsoken while hearing the fan rattling hahaha

Seems they reused the animation system for the NPCs from FFXV....

Anyway a huge bummer that the "isekai" gimmick was just that, a gimmick. The same mistake most manga/anime/novel made...

They simply used isekai as a gimmick, for readers/viewers/players to self insert or to be more easily relatable to the character.

Instead of using the opportunity to mix our real world and the fantasy world. Like... Maybe ability to make a flash explosion by burning the enemy with high level fire magic then hitting them with high level water magic. And many more creativity in gameplay AND story that could take advantage of the isekai premise

Reactions: snc
Seems they reused the animation system for the NPCs from FFXV....

Anyway a huge bummer that the "isekai" gimmick was just that, a gimmick. The same mistake most manga/anime/novel made...

They simply used isekai as a gimmick, for readers/viewers/players to self insert or to be more easily relatable to the character.

Instead of using the opportunity to mix our real world and the fantasy world. Like... Maybe ability to make a flash explosion by burning the enemy with high level fire magic then hitting them with high level water magic. And many more creativity in gameplay AND story that could take advantage of the isekai premise

She'll probably bring her powers back to New York by the end of the game and we'll be playing spider-witch in Manhattan.

Anyway, the devs said this regarding the magic element system.

I NOTICED BRIEFLY THAT WHEN CERTAIN ENEMIES WERE HIT BY CERTAIN SPELLS IT SAID THEY WERE VULNERABLE. IS THAT JUST AN ELEMENTAL WEAKNESS THING OR CAN SPELLS COMBO OFF EACH OTHER AND PROVIDE UNIQUE EFFECTS WHEN USED IN TANDEM?
– We can’t reveal too many fine details about the actual mechanics of the battles at the moment, but to give you an idea on that, with having the massive amounts of magic to choose from, we wanted to give players ways to think about them and how they use them in the game. So, there are elements and elemental affinities alongside an elemental weaknesses system in the game.

She'll probably bring her powers back to New York by the end of the game and we'll be playing spider-witch in Manhattan.

Anyway, the devs said this regarding the magic element system.

I NOTICED BRIEFLY THAT WHEN CERTAIN ENEMIES WERE HIT BY CERTAIN SPELLS IT SAID THEY WERE VULNERABLE. IS THAT JUST AN ELEMENTAL WEAKNESS THING OR CAN SPELLS COMBO OFF EACH OTHER AND PROVIDE UNIQUE EFFECTS WHEN USED IN TANDEM?
– We can’t reveal too many fine details about the actual mechanics of the battles at the moment, but to give you an idea on that, with having the massive amounts of magic to choose from, we wanted to give players ways to think about them and how they use them in the game. So, there are elements and elemental affinities alongside an elemental weaknesses system in the game.

that would be amazing if they kept mum for the surprise 2nd half.
even better if its like 2 worlds clashing together

heck, I'll gladly pay DAY ONE for the ridiculous price SQEX is asking if the game does that.

even silly fetch quest like "a car hit a kid riding a bike, and you save them by chugging healing magic at them" would be nice to explore the premise of "isekai" and "reverse isekai"

JP vs EN

interesting that the EN dub sounds more "realistic" while the JP dub stays with the usual anime-styled dub. Usually SQEX consistently used anime-styeld dub for both EN and JP.
maybe a deliberate creative decision to make the character felt more "real". as she came from our "real new york".

Back