Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
gg, how hard was last one, did you use tc ?
Took about two hours. I was able to post a silver(2:26.xxx) quick enough but I kept making mistakes i.e. putting tyres on wet part, touching curbs, braking late, hitting wall etc. There's also two parts of the track where you have to be super careful or else the car spins. I used TCS 1. Watch the demo to see the brake points, where to accelerate. Also remember to brake in a straight line and keep of the curbs and wet parts of the track.

I actually made a slight mistake in that run and think I could have made a 2.23 or even a 2.22.

It's crazy because during my practices, I was actually quicker through Eau Rouge and down the straight by at least 0.5s or more.

That 2.24.077 was actually my second clear run after the 2:26.xxx

Last edited:
The rain graphics and physics in this game, I love it.

y4lMxwo.gif

I see I have been streaming the game for something like 18+ hours … you can all watch it back. Crazy stuff. And yeah at times it is breathtakingly beautiful. The light at dusk or dawn, the brake lights of the NSX in the dark while the car is partly lit up by your headlights, great stuff.

The race I did in my last stream though where it got dark and in the last lap I couldn’t see where I was going in that high speed section of Mount Panorama, crazy.

EDIT: if I keep streaming I should get a better headphone/mike setup though instead of using the DualSense speaker and having my Surround set echo through it [emoji16]

Last edited:
It is the same problem in the PC space, back when pc gaming went into digital, sales seemed to drop off a cliff. Since then sales numbers are abit hard to track, though have become more accurate as time progressed.

but you know how statistic works, digital sales would have quite similar ranking

Depends on the breakout and that also assumes one title's Physical to Digital ratio is the same as all the others. For instance in the UK on Xbox EldenRing was 84% Digital sales. Are other titles having the same breakout or is that out of the norm?

I dont doubt GT sold well and it should sell gangbusters. It's that these partial views into sales are less and less useful.

That is becoming more and more meaningless as it doesn’t include digital sales.
Meaningful for PS5 however. The digital split is lower because people want to buy and sell titles on the free market. Or lend etc. it means I should be able to find a second hand GT7 on the used market one day if I don’t want to pay full price. On the Xbox side of things; with 84% digital it’s going to be harder to find a used disc.

Though I agree, not very meaningful in looking at total sales however. But GT7 is off to a decent start; it’s unfortunate it pulled less than Sport opening. But the tail may be longer because of all the content.

I started using headphones so now the sound is a bit better at least when I didn’t put the controller too far away and halfway through I turned off the hud which looks great. Hard to see some dials when dark conditions though. I don’t think all the dials are properly lighted.

But cockpit view without the hud certainly look la the part! And makes you appreciate the working dials in the cockpit view more. Also they look great in full 4k res wow.

its not unfortunate, its comparing apples to oranges, 5 days sales vs 3 days also UK games market now running 2:1 in favor of digital media, 1:2 in 2017
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt7-uk-physical-sales-20220307/
btw PS5 outsold PS4 versions by 3:1,

Like Horizon with digital the tile will easily beat GT sport. Like Miles Morales and Horizon Forbidden West I expect the title to sold on a very long period because there is not enough PS5, each time there will be PS5 stock the game will rise in sales chart. Many people don't want to play game on PS4 and wait to have a PS5 to play games. Sales of all new Sony title ratio are 70/80 % in favor of PS5 compared to PS4.

Reactions: snc
Back