Microsoft rumored to be buying...... [2020-04, 2020-07, 2020-11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
wonder if this will affect the other purchase I was hearing about. But compared to 70B that purchase is like a rounding error lol

That's the thing for me. Other than the fun factor of the web exploding, I don't really care about Activision/Blizzard games. Diablo 4 in Gamepass will be nice though. :)

I want more purchases like those up to this point. They're all companies, including Bethesda, who's creativity benefit from not having to land big tentpole event games. Not to say that some of them won't be, they just don't have to be.

Even a purchase of EA would have me more excited. They have such rich IP. They languish as they wouldn't be 20m+ sellers.

Last edited:
That's the thing for me. Other than the fun factor of the web exploding, I don't really care about Activision/Blizzard games. Diablo 4 in Gamepass will be nice though. :)

I want more purchases like those up to this point. They're all companies, including Bethesda, who's creativity benefits from not having to land big tentpole event games. Not to say that some of them won't be, they just don't have to be.

Even a purchase of EA would have me more excited. They have such rich IP. They languish as they wouldn't be 20m+ sellers.
what they did to my boy Command and Conquer.

I want more purchases like those up to this point. They're all companies, including Bethesda, who's creativity benefits from not having to land big tentpole event games. Not to say that some of them won't be, they just don't have to be.

Not a big activision / blizzard fan either but hey if its part of the subscription i would try out more of them. Still they have a lot of active users world wide

what they did to my boy Command and Conquer.

I hate EA for what they did to Ultima

I didn't see if this point was made the AB thread, but everyone else looks like trivial purchases now:

Electronic Arts $38.88b
Take Two Interactive $18.23b
Nexon $15.52b
Bandai Namco $15.44b
Netmarble $7.46b
Ubisoft $6.58b
Konami $6.09b
Square Enix $5.59b
Capcom $4.60b
Sega $3.73b

(everyone's price will be up today though)
It is more interesting to see what moves will Sony do. But with MS siding with EA, Ubisoft and now owning Activision Blizzard it will be hard to ignore Game Pass (considering that it is now a separate platform)

It is more interesting to see what moves will Sony do. But with MS siding with EA, Ubisoft and now owning Activision Blizzard it will be hard to ignore Game Pass (considering that it is now a separate platform)

We know that Sony have plans to compete by updating PS Plus/Now tiers. I'd expect EA and Ubisoft to be promiscuous, so long as neither MS or Sony snap them up.

Cleanup in aisle three?

ME14CC81_o.jpg

To help keep discussions on point, here's a breakdown of threads and topics:

To assist in directing the discussions, the Microsoft Acquisition Rumors thread is temporarily closed and the Microsoft Acquisition of Zenimax is closed since it's an old topic with nothing new coming about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back