The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

The Witcher season 2 is so good so far. I have half the season left.

Amazon also has a special episode of The Grand Tour available. So that should be as good as always.

Episode 7 of Amazon's Wheel of Time adaptation is getting better, however only 1 more episode left in the season. At the end of it all, there really hasn't been anything great about the series. It's really been rather meh and treated as a generic cliche filled fantasy series. There really is nothing that differentiates it from their earlier series Britannia. The production value is simply lacking all around. The entire series is put to shame by a single episode of The Witcher. It's probably time to call it as yet another series worse off for Amazon's involvement.

Not looking forward to Amazon's treatment of their LotR series.

The Witcher season 2 is so good so far. I have half the season left.
Same. The first four episodes are great. I am very glad they dropped the zipping-back-and-forth in time for season two.

It may fall apart in the second half, but it seems unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Outsider
Very good. Definitely worth watching.

The Right Stuff
Pretty decent though not great. I like space stuff so I enjoyed it nonetheless. I'm also following For All Mankind and it was funny to see the right stuff with the many of the same characters but a historically correct story.

Wu-tang: An American Saga
Enjoyed this a lot. Very good and feels authentic. No idea how accurate it is but the story is good though you can obviously kind of guess the outcome. The actor playing Old Dirty Bastard is doing a great job.

Star Trek: Discovery (season 4)
This just seems to get worse every season. It was pretty good for the first two seasons. I especially liked the Terran woman because she was not some woke sjw lghdtv+ I-can't-go-without-a-safe-space-for-3-seconds no personality useless character. Seems that pretty much every character in this show now has to identify with some "minority". The only thing it achieves is a rubbish story where you can't take anybody serious. They cry and wine about every little thing and take everything super personally. And those people are supposed to explore space? Hopefully it will get better but I doubt it.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
Seems that pretty much every character in this show now has to identify with some "minority". The only thing it achieves is a rubbish story where you can't take anybody serious.
The great irony being the only actually likeable characters they have managed to create are the patriarchal males: Lorca, Pike (who in The Cage is a complete douchebag so should have been the perfect target for these writers) & Admiral future guy.
I'll disagree with there being anything good in the first 2 seasons.

Back