Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

This has weirdly not received much attention by gaming news sites today. Some gamers have discovered a desync issue between Halo Infinite's local client and server's perception of what players are doing in game. This started gaining traction on Reddit yesterday, then 343 responded confirming the issue.

The video in the article demonstrates in footage how much drift can quickly be introduced.

So now when you miss that headshot, just blame desync. :yes:
I’m blaming getting owned for it.

This has weirdly not received much attention by gaming news sites today. Some gamers have discovered a desync issue between Halo Infinite's local client and server's perception of what players are doing in game. This started gaining traction on Reddit yesterday, then 343 responded confirming the issue.

The video in the article demonstrates in footage how much drift can quickly be introduced.

So now when you miss that headshot, just blame desync. :yes:

Lol, I knew it wasn't just in my head. The other day I no-scope a guy in the face with the sniper rifle and he ran right through it and killed me with the sword. It seems to be worse when I play with friends in the usa. Game doesn't show you what servers you're on, but it feels like a different game when I play solo.

Edit: Oh, this vid is not showing the kind of desync I was expecting.

players warping through your and a front melee suddenly becomes a behind the back melee.
I've died way too many times to that, or they manage to get off 2-3 melees on me somehow and I can't.

Yah, I've melee'd straight through people and there are times where I just seem to pump bullets into enemies that don't die. I would record game clips, but because the game is so gpu heavy there is a significant cost to enabling shadow play.

Yes, you get aim assist on controller whether you're playing on pc or console. Aim assist is not cheating. First person shooters would be so clunky and horrible to play without it.

In Halo its not perhaps. In other popular online fps games, having something that improves aim or automatically adjusts aim for you, its a reason for a ban.

In Halo its not perhaps. In other popular online fps games, having something that improves aim or automatically adjusts aim for you, its a reason for a ban.

No. Other games have that built into the game itself too. Trust us. They all have it.

Almost all fps games with gamepad support on console and pc have aim assist. The only ones I’m aware of that don’t are r6 siege and pubg on console. It’s not cheating. It’s how the gamepad controls were designed to work because of the inherent lack of accuracy in the input.

Last edited:
Almost all fps games with gamepad support on console and pc have aim assist. The only ones I’m aware of that don’t are r6 siege and pubg on console. It’s not cheating. It’s how the gamepad controls were designed to work because of the inherent lack of accuracy in the input.
Yup. Anybody wondering why needs to try manual aiming with zero aim-assist to see how much practice and skill is required to reliably track and point at what you want to hit.

They put some flying little drones in Destiny in a few spots without any AA, and it's very annoying to try to shoot them. Instantly drives home the point.

It's currently looking like Halo Infinite's reviews will land between mid to high 80s. 343 turned in a solid effort it appears. Bring on Wednesday.

Tuesday Destiny 2 30th Anniversary thingy, Wednesday Halo campaign. Biggest gaming week of the year easy for me. Which isn't saying much.

Yeah, I'm not reading any reviews or watching any videos on it at this point. I know I'm going to play it regardless, so no sense risking any spoilers.

Also, for those that aren't up on Halo Lore up to this point, it's worth it to look up a synopsis on Halo War 2. I many ways Halo Infinite is sort of a sequel to that game. Halo Wars 2 explains why Zeta Halo exists and what it's doing where it is and why there are Banished on it. And of course, it goes without saying that Halo Wars and Halo Wars 2 explain who the Banished are and why they exist.

I hope we get to get to meet an important persona from Halo Wars 2 that should be Zeta Halo due to events from that game.

Regards,
SB

It's currently looking like Halo Infinite's reviews will land between mid to high 80s. 343 turned in a solid effort it appears. Bring on Wednesday.
I'm really pleased that the campaign is getting a positive response. I don't care about MP, it's all the campaign for me but I'm not going to get a chance to play for a week or two and I really did want to replay Halo 5 before I started Infinite.

I know, I know... :runaway:

Spoiler free review
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021...gn-finishes-the-fight-but-arrives-in-tatters/
yewoch, Doesnt pull the punches, Its as a suspected not really open world.
"The new Zeta Halo open-world environment is alarmingly tiny, which makes its lack of biome diversity even harder to comprehend"
"This game. For all of Halo 5's faults, that 2015 game looks drastically better, and it didn't even have the benefit of powerful platforms like PC or the Series X"

Though I have to say, I do prefer a smaller game. Thus to me this is a positive, its like films today, why do they all need to be 3 hours now instead of 90mins, too much bloat. Graphically the game looks terrible but it looks a fun way to spend 10 hours.

Due to the review I went back and watched halo's reveal trailer
Has their ever been a game this different from its promise?

Last edited:
"I wonder if there are some memory management problems 343 need to address. Several time during my gameplay experience, Halo Infinite would freeze for a short while for seemingly no reason. It looks and feels like a crash, only the game comes back and works just fine several second later. "

This seems to be isolated problem as it not appeared to other players, some people has reported no such issues and right now it seems it can be a sign of a broken/bad XSX (RROD!!!!!!)

Back