InnoSilicon launches Fantasy 1 Type A and Type B graphics cards

Type A's are single and Type B dual GPUs, based on Imagination B(XT) architecture.
Type A 5 TFLOPS, 16 GB 19 Gbps GDDR6X @ 128bit
Type B twice that

Wow, it's been a while. I wonder if they are going to borrow the Linux vulkan wrappers for d3d support, Valve has put a lot of work in them.

Shouldn't videocardz.com know the difference between an Immediate Mode Renderer and a Tile-Based Deferred Renderer with regards to needed memory bandwidth?

304 GB/s seems like total overkill for an TBDR graphic card unless it's meant for compute.

Perhaps it's time we saw a return of Kryo on desktop now that Apple is finally shipping GPUs with 16 and 32 cores.

Wow, it's been a while. I wonder if they are going to borrow the Linux vulkan wrappers for d3d support, Valve has put a lot of work in them.

They likely don't have official WDDM driver certification so they may very well be borrowing 3rd party translation layers but I imagine they made some modifications to their closed source fork. Direct3D translation layers developed by Valve are only extensively tested on AMD and NV HW so Intel and other vendors often get the short end of the stick in this case. Chances are they applied some optimizations or workaround to make them work better for their HW ...

I wonder how much better they can do vs MoltenVK since latter easily performs the worst ...

Dumb questions:

1. Does this mean a new competitor in the discrete GPU market?

2. Can anyone guess at what level these cards will game? What kind of cards could I compare them to?

3. How the hell did I miss this thread?!?

I need to see Doom (eternal) benchmarks before making any guess. If it can perform well in that respect it could be a competitor going forward, but the driver morass of D3D will take a lot of work and I doubt they will have done so in the short term.

Dumb questions:

1. Does this mean a new competitor in the discrete GPU market?

2. Can anyone guess at what level these cards will game? What kind of cards could I compare them to?

3. How the hell did I miss this thread?!?
  1. No idea, it's not on the market yet and no-one knows how many will be available for sale or even if it'll be available for sale outside of China.
  2. No idea, there's pretty much no performance information available.
    • Press weren't allowed to see and weren't given any performance data for games that were demonstrated as running on the cards.
    • Performance is reliant on the driver stack as well as the hardware. And both, especially the drivers, are likely in a very immature state at the moment.
  3. It's a new thread. :p
Regards,
SB

Last edited:
I have the power of PowerVR in my fabulous Teclast T8 tablet with Mediatek MT8176 and PowerVR GX6250. Something like Tegra 4 level. Looks a ton better with the ubiquitous Unity games than the Tegra K1/X1 because those have some kind of compatibility problem with I guess some 16-bit format used by mobile games that needs dithering but NVidia stopped supporting after Tegra 4.

But...anyway. It will be interesting to see if they become a PC thing of some sort again. I think the last examples were some Intel GMA IGPs that were actually PowerVR tech, and those had significant driver problems. Probably a lack of effort from all parties.

remember when I brought this up and people thought I was crazy about them entering back into the video card market.....

Back