AMD: RDNA 3 Speculation, Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's N33.
He's BSing the TO date for N31.

So it has not yet taped out, or was it taped out earlier? Because some say that N33 will be the only RDNA3 part for 2022, while some say that also highend should come next year. But, if N31 taped out, the chance to see it in action next year rises a lot.

So it has not yet taped out, or was it taped out earlier? Because some say that N33 will be the only RDNA3 part for 2022, while some say that also highend should come next year. But, if N31 taped out, the chance to see it in action next year rises a lot.
not too familiar with AMD naming conventions, but Is 33 the 'big chip' and the 31 the mainstream chip?

I really think with the newer fabric AMD will achieved unified cache with dual/quad gpus. Raster is king for buying power and AMD knows this. As other suggest, AMD will dip into RT wholly, when gamers demand it...

The IFC on Navi 31 GPUs will be split between two chips since it is an MCM design so it's still 256 MB per chip
Nope.
but there's also a possibility of getting stacking technology on the next-gen chips
Not a 'possibility' the thing is made like that.
Aren't the rumored active interposers / bridges (incorporating Infinity Cache) for Navi 21/22 already a 3D Infinity Cache solution?
bingo.

Correct me if I am wrong: The "bridge chip" bonding the two "computing chips" of Navi 3x together is glued on top of them. So the bridge itself actually is 3D. Since the bridging logic is not that big it doesn't seem probable to complicate the design by adding the 512MB cache as yet another 3D layer on top of the "bridge chip".

So yeah, it doesn't seem to bring any new info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back