Elden Ring [2022-21-01] [PS, XB, PC]

Prepare yourselves, Tarnished.

Register before November 1 for a chance to join the #ELDENRING Closed Network Test: www.eldenring.com/CNT

The Golden Order has been broken. Rise, Tarnished, and be guided by grace to brandish the power of the Elden Ring and become an Elden Lord in the Lands Between.

ELDEN RING, developed by FromSoftware Inc. and produced by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc., is a fantasy action-RPG and FromSoftware's largest game to date, set within a world full of mystery and peril.

Small delay

Attachments

• FB_J4Q3WEAsOCMm.jpeg
    FB_J4Q3WEAsOCMm.jpeg
    304.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Actually maybe the game aint so bad
if you watch the top video it looks to be a completely different game, I assume the above is with everything turned off and just with placeholder graphics

@Nesh
btw Ive fixed the horendous pop-in, its played with a isometric camera so I didnt care before but now I thought I better improve that

Last edited:
tumblr_n9c19wV2Xf1tsrpvqo1_500.gif

Attachments

• upload_2021-11-3_10-43-2.png
    upload_2021-11-3_10-43-2.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 2
OK, gameplay looks so good. Familiar souls-like. The magic looks like it's a first class citizen and looks amazing. Game looks amazing. Only bad thing so far is that it's an open world game. :(

Despite that, I'm going to have to try to finish it. Prepare for pain. Lots of pain. :p My early potential game of the year for 2022.

Regards,
SB

Actually maybe the game aint so bad
if you watch the top video it looks to be a completely different game, I assume the above is with everything turned off and just with placeholder graphics

@Nesh
btw Ive fixed the horendous pop-in, its played with a isometric camera so I didnt care before but now I thought I better improve that
nice work bro!

Very strange game graphically, The atmosphere, ideas etc are brilliant
but graphically its so inconsistent, parts of it look really well done but other parts look completely unfinished

Very strange game graphically, The atmosphere, ideas etc are brilliant
but graphically its so inconsistent, parts of it look really well done but other parts look completely unfinished
Yeah, I can't get over the flat looking cape with fake normal mapped folds, the string-of-cards hair, the very noticeable pop-in, the trees full of flat bunch of leaves cards, etc. Quite bittersweet, honestly.

On the mixed quality of the graphics, there's probably something to be said about a company with around 300 employees creating a cross gen open world with complex systems. It's probably inevitable that some things have to give or are of relatively poor quality.

(Not sure how many of those 300 are on the game either)

not looking bad for a fromsoftware game as they were never known from top notch graphics, scene with dragon fighting was impressive

On the mixed quality of the graphics, there's probably something to be said about a company with around 300 employees creating a cross gen open world with complex systems. It's probably inevitable that some things have to give or are of relatively poor quality.

(Not sure how many of those 300 are on the game either)

Remember, this is From Software we're talking about. They can make some pretty good looking games, but they aren't known for really pushing the hardware. Even if this specific title had been exclusive to current gen consoles, it likely would have looked the same just due to their capabilities.

Additionally, this is their first truly open world game (significantly harder graphically than a "corridor" style game like past Souls games), which stretches their abilities even further making it even more difficult for them to make a game that graphically stands out as amoung the best.

For example, Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice looked good on PS4/XBO, but was nowhere near being among the best looking games on those platforms and they weren't even open world.

Regards,
SB

Remember, this is From Software we're talking about. They can make some pretty good looking games, but they aren't known for really pushing the hardware. Even if this specific title had been exclusive to current gen consoles, it likely would have looked the same just due to their capabilities.

Additionally, this is their first truly open world game (significantly harder graphically than a "corridor" style game like past Souls games), which stretches their abilities even further making it even more difficult for them to make a game that graphically stands out as amoung the best.

For example, Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice looked good on PS4/XBO, but was nowhere near being among the best looking games on those platforms and they weren't even open world.

Yes, absolutely. It think it's always fascinating to see where smaller to mid sized team focus their efforts.

(They should still sort out those bloody trees)

Using the power of new generation of consoles, Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5, will allow players to personalize their experience by choosing between GRAPHIC MODE to enhance the game’s visuals (up to 4K) or PERFORMANCE MODE for a higher frame rate (up to 60FPS).

Back