Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

downloaded all 3 (ps4 version of course for H3 SP) but i have no option to access VR mode anywhere.
I’ll give it a shot next week, hopefully.

Edit: Bad news, everyone! Sorry to get your hopes up. https://old.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/ox49bq/comment/h7k5k48/

Firstly you need Hitman 3 (standard edition is fine) - previous game missions need to be launched through hitman 3 to access them in vr. The free starter pack does not give vr access.

Last edited:
Yup, was talked about on the XboxEra Podcast over the weekend.

Rumor mill starts @ 01:26:27

Reactions: snc
PSVR Iron Man VR Bundle
$200 PS4 and PS5 compatible. Best Buy will match it.

Last edited:
$200 PS4 and PS5 compatible. Best Buy will match it.

Huh? The link takes me directly to a Queue for some PS5 Console purchase. Was it meant to be for some other product?

EDIT: Weird, after trying it a couple minutes later it's now directing to the "PlayStationVR Marvel’s Iron Man VR Bundle".

Huh? The link takes me directly to a Queue for some PS5 Console purchase. Was it meant to be for some other product?

EDIT: Weird, after trying it a couple minutes later it's now directing to the "PlayStationVR Marvel’s Iron Man VR Bundle".
The PS Store works in mysterious ways. Yeah it's a PSVR Iron Man bundle clearance price. I figured the URL would make things obvious but the forum here does its automagical interpretation of them now.

I've been using PSVR with PS5 lately. PS5's PSVR backward compatibility has some quirks but nothing is showstopping.

Blood & Truth
Runs well and apparently PS5 updated but I only know that because I read it online. This game isn't really for me. I don't know why they built it as an on-rails shooter.

Farpoint
No PS5 update. Runs great and looks good. Using a gamepad. I enjoy the sci-fi shooting even if it is just gamey arena action with zero exploration, but I don't know why they felt the need to combine exciting shooter on a cool alien planet with a depressing story and exceedingly whiny characters.

Until Dawn Rush of Blood
No PS5 update. Works well aside from the game menu sometimes popping up. PS5 compatibility bug.

Resident Evil 7
The recently released free PS5 update of RE7 does not support VR so I had to download the PS4 version. Seems to work well though.

Doom3 VR
Apparently it's from 2021 and a port of BFG edition. It's $1.98 at Gamestop on clearance right now so I had to check it out. An impressively ugly port. Textures look rather artifacted. I've never played the BFG edition (which was designed for PS360) so maybe that's why it looks so bad. NPC scale is funky and they all look a bit wee. It even stutters a little sometimes. Built-in duct tape mod caters to weak-minded gamers hehe. Only has gamepad support.

The Inpatient
No PS5 update. Seems to work perfectly. Olden times mental hospital patient experience combined with very slow-paced corridor meandering and loud noises. Plus some dialog tree options that might do something. And you are occasionally allowed to interact with objects. Hehe.

Actually the most irritating thing is video streaming chats can no longer be seen in VR. The only way to follow the chat now is to enable a text-to-speech option.

Last edited:
I think no man's sky ps4 is higher res on psvr with a ps5.
I looked around and I think only the PS4 version supports VR. People say you must download the PS4 version to use VR. However, dynamic resolution is apparently fairly popular with PSVR games so the resolution might scale a little higher on PS5 in PS4 mode. If it had a real PS5 PSVR update though that could go much farther.

Star Wars Squadrons got a PS5 PSVR update but I already have that for PCVR.

Last edited:
I've been using PSVR with PS5 lately. PS5's PSVR backward compatibility has some quirks but nothing is showstopping.

Blood & Truth
Runs well and apparently PS5 updated but I only know that because I read it online. This game isn't really for me. I don't know why they built it as an on-rails shooter.

Farpoint
No PS5 update. Runs great and looks good. Using a gamepad. I enjoy the sci-fi shooting even if it is just gamey arena action with zero exploration, but I don't know why they felt the need to combine exciting shooter action on a cool alien planet with a terribly depressing story with annoying and depressing characters.

Until Dawn Rush of Blood
No PS5 update. Works well aside from the game menu sometimes popping up a random. Apparently a PS5 compatibility bug.

Resident Evil 7
The recently released free PS5 update of RE7 does not support VR so I had to download the PS4 version. Seems to work well though.

Doom3 VR
No PS5 update. $1.98 at Gamestop so I had to check it out. This is an impressively ugly port. I think they actually reduced the texture quality and geometric complexity of the 2004 game. It even stutters a little sometimes lol. Built-in duct tape mod caters to weak-minded gamers hehe. It's fun enough.

The Inpatient
No PS5 update. Seems to work perfectly.

Actually the most irritating thing is video streaming chats can no longer be seen in VR. The only way to follow the chat now is to enable a text-to-speech option.
How about driveclub vr and gt sports?

Yes. PS5 doesn't support PSVR and isn't aware of it. PSVR is handled on PS5 via BC.
Yeah it sounds like the various "PS5 aware" updates just allow dynamic resolution, frame rate and detail levels to scale a bit higher. It's not clear if they are fully utilizing the hardware. I suppose not.

Last edited:
I've played through about half of RE7 in VR over the past two weeks. I've noticed the game has some problems streaming in new areas. It drops to a grainy lower resolution when transitioning. Sometimes texture streaming has a delay too with the lower LOD staying for a bit. But after reading around it sounds like this is just how the PS4 version behaves.

And I bought Wipeout Omega Collection on sale last week. The internet said it is essential to own it. I would rather play F-Zero GX and Extreme G 3 but this is still pretty cool in VR. :D

I also tried The Persistence PS4 in VR. No problems. Again the enhanced PS5 version does not support VR. It's going to be interesting to see if developers try to do much with RT in VR on PS5.

Last edited:
Back