User Choice Account Deletions?

• Thread starter Deleted member 86764
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 86764

Can my account be deleted, @BRiT? Ta.

My time is better spent elsewhere. You'd honestly be doing me a favour.

Interestingly, I've just realised this is the only forum I use regularly where the user cannot delete their account.

Most seemed to have implemented user-choice account deletion, probably because of GDPR. Does that mean requests to delete accounts that are not honoured are a breach of GDPR?

Note that you're not required to provide user self deletions, you do have to honor them when requested for EU residents. I don't expose self-deletions on my forums but I do get occasional requests to delete. Also deletion doesn't have to mean completely deleting the account and associated content. Xenforo allows the option of anonymizing the content and account details (removing email address etc), which is compliant with GDPR.

How can i delete my profile and all data associated with it?

Ok. I wish my account and content deleted.
Thank you, and I live in the EU too. I am glad they help folks who don't wish their data lingering around.

Sorry but whatever measures were taken since the B3D relaunch are not working. It's still mostly platform/IHV fanboys posting for superiority under the guise of 'discussion', with only a very few posters contributing honestly.

It's just not worth reading anymore.

Please delete my account.

Back