All purpose Sales and Sales Rumours and Anecdotes [2021 Edition]

That’s the largest catch, it’s the reason I don’t care to subscribe to Gold or PS+ if they didn’t have MP attached. The games aren’t what I want so there is no value there; it’s more like loosing money.

I agree on this point, PS+ is for online play, for me. The PS+ games, I add them to my library, but only a handful is even downloaded much less tried or played. I tried PS Now, but why pay $$ for playing two PS3 games a couple of times a year. Albeit PS Now vs Gamepass is a bit of apple to oranges, from what I read, Gamepass seems to also have new games, but it still does not entice me as a service (I do have an XBX, but it has never been unpacked, I bought it as a xmas gift, but then my cousin also got an XBX from his GF)

But if I was a teenager with more time than money, I think any of these services would have been great deal.

I agree on this point, PS+ is for online play, for me. The PS+ games, I add them to my library, but only a handful is even downloaded much less tried or played. I tried PS Now, but why pay $$ for playing two PS3 games a couple of times a year. Albeit PS Now vs Gamepass is a bit of apple to oranges, from what I read, Gamepass seems to also have new games, but it still does not entice me as a service (I do have an XBX, but it has never been unpacked, I bought it as a xmas gift, but then my cousin also got an XBX from his GF)

But if I was a teenager with more time than money, I think any of these services would have been great deal.
This month’s is adding insult to injury. Mortal Kombat X free with PS+ in October…. But the game has been free for all PS+ subscribers as part of the PS Collection since last year! So basically this month we are getting one less game for free.

A response tweet claims that is about OG Xbox models [GC Xbox] and not newer models, and they are doing it to make more room for current-gen PS5 and Xbox Series consoles. The tweet lists old generation consoles they are stop dealing with, PSP, PS1, PS2, GBA, and Xbox.

Thanks, I’ll definitely subscribe to that service! Lol
Crackle and Justwatch aren't subscription services at all. Crackle is ad supported, you don't even need to make an account. Justwatch is a search engine that finds where you can stream, rent, or buy movies and tv shows.

Crackle and Justwatch aren't subscription services at all. Crackle is ad supported, you don't even need to make an account. Justwatch is a search engine that finds where you can stream, rent, or buy movies and tv shows.
Sorry it was meant to be a joke ;)

EA may lose the FIFA license | KitGuru
According to the New York Times however, FIFA is now asking EA for more than double the money, raising the licensing fee to $1 Billion every 4 years. Furthermore, FIFA allegedly wants to “limit EA’s exclusivity to the narrow parameters around use in a soccer game,” meaning that EA would not be able to make money from tournaments, NFTs and more.

If EA and FIFA are unable to come to an agreement, then the almost 30 year long partnership may end, with both parties walking away. While there is no denying that the FIFA brand is a major boon to EA’s football titles, Konami’s PES (now known as eFootball) franchise has not needed the FIFA name to be a successful and well-liked football series.

Who is going to pay FIFA more than EA? EA still has the rights to all the leagues and players. No one could replace EA.

I assume this is for the players/teams rights and not just to use the name FIFA
If I was EA I'ld call their bluff

The fifa deal is for the fifa logo and name and the world cup. No teams/players included. EA has about 300 deals covering their Fifa games players, leagues and teams. I am not sure how much leverage FIFA really has here, is there another party out there that thinks they can make $75m a year off the FIFA name?

Yeah, if EA can keep the player and team licensing, then I doubt losing the FIFA license would dent sales of their soccer/football game significantly.

Regards,
SB

The fifa deal is for the fifa logo and name and the world cup. No teams/players included. EA has about 300 deals covering their Fifa games players, leagues and teams. I am not sure how much leverage FIFA really has here, is there another party out there that thinks they can make $75m a year off the FIFA name?
Really!!! thats HIlarious,
so now they're paying $125 million a year.
If I was EA I'ld go nah mate our new offer is $50 million a year take it or leave it.

EA should just call the game 'Football 22' It would sell just as much, perhaps even more if the really market it as a complete overhaul of the game
Having the FIFA name on the game also helps the FIFA organization's branding

In tangential news from a few days ago, some of yous must of heard FIFA now wants to have the football world cup every 2 years
You know cause why just limit yourself to only having that moneymaking venture every 4 years when you could double the revenue

I think losing the ability to use the world cup would be significant, just not what FIFA is asking.
I’m sure EA could simply release exactly the same game as Fifa 22, but change the name to “Football Game 2023” or even “;) 23”, and then change “World Cup” to “Globe Cup” or something, and they’d still sell a gazillion copies of this, and nobody would care.

People only seem to care about the players names and accuracy of the kits - couldn’t give a rats backside about the name ‘FIFA’ IMHO

Reactions: JPT
In tangential news from a few days ago, some of yous must of heard FIFA now wants to have the football world cup every 2 years
You know cause why just limit yourself to only having that moneymaking venture every 4 years when you could double the revenue

At some point football fatigue must hit the general fanbase, I used to spend whole weekends watching any Premier League game I could and national teams etc. Now its just Liverpool (and some of my local team Vålerenga to) and I do not really mind if miss a game here and there. WC I have not really bothered for the last ones, maybe a Brazil game or for some reason Norway would qualify.
I can not be the only?

Back