Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

I find the marketing speak of "flight" really wanky. The YouTubers seem to repeat the terminology too.

If it's an apple, call it an apple.

Otherwise, the game looks barren but a lot of fun.

I find the marketing speak of "flight" really wanky. The YouTubers seem to repeat the terminology too.

I think it’s essentially because they only allow groups in at a time. It’s not been an open beta. You have time slots to play, etc. on specific days of the week. If you got in flight 1 doesn’t mean you’ll be allowed to play flight 2.

I’d say much more controlled than the typical “betas” that have been released so they wanted to make that distinction.

This flight is the closest they had to an open beta, but time slots to play still in there.

and I agree on the game looking barren; but lol. When you start playing the game more you really start to hate anything that blocks you from killing your opponents. At first I felt like there was nothing going on, barren looks bad, but in reality. Playing is another experience.

grenade bouncing/trajectory is such a critical part of Halo gameplay, that anything other the straight geometry becomes incredibly hard to place grenades where you want them.

Agree with the use of the term flight. There's something about the term that doesn't work for me either lol. As far as it looking barren are you talking about this map specifically? Or all maps because this is the only one that comes to mind as somewhat barren. It's actually a pretty fun map though especially if you can pick up the sniper. Wide open and easy to pick guys off :)
Behemoth
halo-infinite-behemoth-image.jpg

Its probably the best and most solid looking mp focused FPS right now, not bad at all and a healthy improvement over last years flat looking demo.
Agree, it's much improved and it's going to look even better once it officially releases. As a longtime Halo fan I love what 343 has done with Infinite, and making this a free to play game is going to bring a ton of new fans into the Halo universe. For me personally I think this is the best Halo release since Reach and will be by far 343's best Halo release to date.

Finally experienced the big map.

Its so fun! Feels like a battlefield lite. Or a larger destiny 1 combined arms.

I wonder if this big map with vehicle will be popular in infinite, and hopefully will make bungie change their stance on vehicles on pvp and bring large maps from D1 to D2... And maybe bring SRL back.

Finally experienced the big map.

Its so fun! Feels like a battlefield lite. Or a larger destiny 1 combined arms.

I wonder if this big map with vehicle will be popular in infinite, and hopefully will make bungie change their stance on vehicles on pvp and bring large maps from D1 to D2... And maybe bring SRL back.
Load outs and abilities kill everything in Destiny. You can bring in vehicles but all it takes is swapping to a gun that will remove them without needing heavy ammo.

I really like how the guns feel in mp. Headshots with pistol is sooo satisfying you can almost feel impact of the bullet. They nailed gunplay IMO. Another thing that is very good is visible confirmation of where are you hitting enemy different part of the armor glow more intense when shield is not broken yet, really cool and useful effect. Game looks sooo clean and sharp it’s a pleasure to watch and play. I am sure SP will be even more visually pleasing. I didn’t expect much tbh after reveal fiasco but now it’s most definitely most anticipated game for me.

nope not even internal . Think they are going to just drop it like an atom bomb onto the market at this point. They are being extremely tight lipped about it

Cool, cant wait, always loved Halo's SP campaigns in special the early ones. Im not so much into singplayer these days but for Halo i can make an exception ;)

It's incredible looking in motion!

Looks stunning right, wrote it before this one needs to be played (in motion) to appreciate the visuals. Your shot looks amazing, Infinite's a notch or two above what BF2042 does and thats a paid online experience.

Just a reminder to adjust your settings if you haven't already.

First up is changing the FOV. I think default is 72. You should use at least 90. If you're on SeriesX you can easily handle 100. After that its preference issue, so If on a beefy PC and if you can handle it try 120 FOV.

Next up is Look Acceleration. This is a delay before movement kicks in. Set it to 5. This means no delay.

Next is 4 settings for Controller Deadzone. Set them to 0. If you have some drift issues bump em up slowly, 1 then 3 then 5 until it's fine.

Next is several Sensitivity settings. Try using 7.5.

Back