Forza Horizon 5 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Forza Motorsport is gonna be built with 60fps as a baseline during gameplay, and an extremely consistent 60fps at that, implying regular overhead. At least that's how FM games have always been done since FM2.

This will make RT during gameplay difficult to justify, especially for something like reflections which I imagine is what most people would want to see. So maybe, but I wouldn't be putting money on it. I'm not expecting it outside of autovista and maybe 30fps replays?

Who knows, though. Perhaps MS will finally have DirectML reconstruction worked out for games by then, affording them the overhead to do it without sacrificing the typical high resolution clarity that Forza games have always offered.

Maybe want to give consistent visuals across platforms and gpu's. Maybe only RTX would've been able to run RT during gameplay in this engine.
and why is this a problem on pc market ? its not like cyberpunk is amazing fast on any radeon with rt on ultra

and why is this a problem on pc market ? its not like cyberpunk is amazing fast on any radeon with rt on ultra
You've answered it yourself, it's not fast enough on radeon for the locked 60 that it's going for.

Anyway that was just my theory, if it doesn't have RT in gameplay on PC, what is yours?

You've answered it yourself, it's not fast enough on radeon for the locked 60 that it's going for.

Anyway that was just my theory, if it doesn't have RT in gameplay on PC, what is yours?
no I didn't, just showed example that if radeon graphics are not fast enough for rt it doesn't mean there shouldn't be an option for pc game settings
my theory ? Microsoft doesn't want to shows that xsx is not fast enough for rt during gameplay in this game but pc's are ok, it wouldn't be great marketing for them so understandable but would be little mad if I was pc player

no I didn't just showed example that if radeon graphics are not fast enough for rt it doesn't mean there shouldn't be an option for pc game settings
Oh, I don't disagree with that.
Just giving reason why may not be the case.
Would be seen as Nvidia only tech. Which I personally don't have problem with, but studios sometimes like to have some level of parity.

Look at the vegetation esp. A lot more pop in with performance, but youre not gonna see much difference on a youtube video as the compression will mask differences.
Looks good though

This game has no right to look this good

FBnSw5TXoAIb_LV

the amount of everything on screen in jungle is simply mind blowing
Looks much better than previously, the major complaint would be the physics of the plants is very basic (im not even sure if most of the plants have skeletons, just seemed to be vertex deformations), you can see the guy avoiding the plants cause I think they didnt want to show this aspect but apart from that and the water, this is now the best looking console racer

Looks much better than previously, the major complaint would be the physics of the plants is very basic (im not even sure if most of the plants have skeletons, just seemed to be vertex deformations), you can see the guy avoiding the plants cause I think they didnt want to show this aspect but apart from that and the water, this is now the best looking console racer
I don’t think this is the case. He is trying to drive kinda realistic avoid deep water and avoid driving thru big plants/trees. On other vids he is even checking mirrors from inside view before joining traffic etc
I am not disagreeing with you on physics side it could be better I just don’t think this is the reason. I guess this area can be improved in the next version

the amount of everything on screen in jungle is simply mind blowing

Hmmm, you know how sometimes you hear something or smell something and it triggers memories and feelings from your youth? This is the first time I've experienced that with a game. The audio of the engine brings back memories of heading out to chop down trees for firewood in my grandfather's old F250 while riding in the truck bed (illegal in most states now :(). Not sure what it is about it, but the engine not only sounds like an engine but it "feels" like an engine. I know the developers said they really focused on the audio for this game, but this is the first time where it feels like they not only just focused on it, but they really captured the "feel" of an engine. That sounds like it might be the new supercharged V8. So minus the supercharger whine maybe that's why it's bringing me back to my youth.

Weird. I think I might just install and try the game purely because of the audio. The graphics are fantastic and made me kind of want to try it. But the audio I think is what's really going to get me to install it and give it a try.

Regards,
SB

I feel like i am living under the rock. So what other racing games with the same scale like forza can you guys recommend that looks so much better?
This kinda reminds me of people who criticise MFS that cars on the streets are not realistically modelled.

I feel like i am living under the rock. So what other racing games with the same scale like forza can you guys recommend that looks so much better?
This kinda reminds me of people who criticise MFS that cars on the streets are not realistically modelled.
There is none, fh4 was best looking and fh5 looks better but imo its not big jump but for a crossgen looks great

Ooof, if I want to try it out at launch I'm going to have to free up over 200 GB on my game drive. Age of Empires IV also needs 93 GB.

Regards,
SB

Back