Elon Musk *spawn*

He promised by 2020 when your not using your tesla you can turn it into an autonomous taxi and it could earn you up to $30,000 a year

Classic "TSLAQ" Elon Musk hater Video (from some "professor", who has never worked in the free economy and only is envious of things Elon and his companies have achieved). Also what does he know about AI? Chemistry is his field of expertise... he should stick to that.

FSD is no vapoware, its real. Elon is know for his aggressive timelines (as if Tesla is the only company in the world that misses timelines *cough* intel 10nm *cough*).

Instead of hating on Elon, he shoould be thankfull of what he has done for the transition of transportation to sustainable energy!

Also what does he know about AI?
What does musk know about A.I I doubt he understands basic physics - thats why he comes out with ridiculous ideas and I'm guessing someone who understands physics within the company explains it to him why his idea cannot work and then the product gradually fades out of existence.

I'm guessing you'd also describe him as a typical Solar Roadways Hater, a Fontus Self-filling water bottle Hater, a Triton artificial gill Hater, a Waterseer water from air Hater, a SpinCell spinning solar panel Hater, a Plastic Roadways Hater, a Tellspec food scanner Hater, a Super-Dryer low pressure clothes dryer Hater.
I could continue....
Or maybe he just has an ability to point out nonsense and vapourware when he sees it?

Last edited:
What does musk know about A.I I doubt he understands basic physics

His second degree was in physics.

Edit: Lex Fridman had Rodney Brooks on his podcast last week, who had an interesting skeptical take on autonomous driving, not just Tesla's efforts.

Last edited:
I found his design :)
S3SRKbV.jpg

Last edited:
Yay. A dedicated thread. I'm genuinely excited for Musk hero/devil/genius/idiot talk to be kept out of spaceflight and AI threads. :)

I like Charlie Stross's take on what Musk is planning. He thinks Musk wants to be the world's first trillionaire from space-based solar power!

https://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2021/09/fossil-fuels-are-dead.html

Possibly just a thought experiment, but you have to say, the numbers would probably add up if such a thing could be organised. 150 tons of payload per launch from a reusable rocket would make all sorts of space-based adventures feasible.

The orbital weapons platforms will probably follow the solar arrays in due course...

I like Charlie Stross's take on what Musk is planning. He thinks Musk wants to be the world's first trillionaire from space-based solar power!

https://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2021/09/fossil-fuels-are-dead.html

Possibly just a thought experiment, but you have to say, the numbers would probably add up if such a thing could be organised. 150 tons of payload per launch from a reusable rocket would make all sorts of space-based adventures feasible.

The orbital weapons platforms will probably follow the solar arrays in due course...

New tech like ROSA might change his mind, but Musk's been uninterested in space based solar power in the past, even assuming Starship like cost per kg to orbit. He's stated the 'simpler' route of covering the area the size of Texas in solar panels.

The trouble with space-based power is you end up with a lot of power - in space. The microwave beam stuff sounds like a pipe-dream to me. Efficiency is likely going to suck, and if you get anything slightly wrong with the guidance / station keeping you'll have an unguided multi-gigawatt maser merrily wafting over who knows which bits of the surface.

Ground-based solar is much simpler. We're not short of room, particularly if we can exploit available space in the built environment.

There was a lovely video about aerospike engines that interviewed many people and it was clear musk had the worst understanding of them. I think it was pretty clear that shotwell is quite important to spaceX clear success. Musk did absolutely push them toward not being stupid expensive though from the get go and deserves credit for that. Building rockets more like cars (and taking risks) seems obvious but it wasn't too the entrenched players who could just keep charging whatever they wanted. Other than that I think he is mostly a hype man. Good for him though. It would be nice if he treated other humans decently given the amount of capital he has accumulated but whatever.

Last edited:
Back