Steam Deck - SteamOS, Zen2 4C/8T, RDNA2 1.0-1.6 TF, 16 GB LPDDR5 88 GB/s, starting at $399 [2021-12]

this is new, and my favourite part is the one below. Pretty much confirmed full support for any OS. It's in their (and users) benefit.

What can you tell us about the BIOS and does it allow dual-boot?
Multi-boot is supported - you can have multiple OSes installed and choose which one to boot into. Users will have access to the BIOS menu.

yea but i already expected that , how else can a user install the os they want.

how else can a user install the os they want.
I mean, it's a PC.
A pretty generic AMD Ryzen Mobile PC at that.
They're pretty upfront about that too.
Did someone expect anything else?

The real questions are how's the DT session be mashing with Gamescope and what do they use for sound (Pipewire?) etc etc.

I wonder if FDE will be set by default. I don't like the possibility that someone can easily get all my files if I loose the device

I'm having my first flight tonight after being grounded for 2 years.

Goddam how I wish I already had one of these with me.

How to replace SSD/Thumb sticks:

TL;DW: It's really a bad idea to change the M.2 SSD. Especially while the device's availability is scarce and people will need to wait around a year to get a replacement.

Was coming here to post it. It doesn't look that bad in all honesty @ToTTenTranz . It seems like a similar amount of work to fixing a joy con lol. I am glad I have a 256 gig coming a that should make me happy for a very long time.

Back