Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Yea it’s definitely been bumped up, there isn’t a large gap between assault rifle and pistol as big as the older Halos. But I’d say if you can aim, pistol is still significantly better.
Pistol is still king for sure but I do like the new AR in Infinite. The AR being more powerful will probably help balance the game slightly for players that aren't quite as good.

Pistol is still king for sure but I do like the new AR in Infinite. The AR being more powerful will probably help balance the game slightly for players that aren't quite as good.
Yup. Gives players a better chance for sure. I started with just pistol but noticed I was getting hosed; switched up and started getting better consistency with kills at close range.

Some nice improvements.

Texture quality is pretty incredible. XBS-S definitely still needs work as there's some significant instability in its rendering at points.

Player identification is better. Red team now has red shields instead of blue shields.

There are chicken like birds in the game. :p

Specular aliasing? Temporal artifacts? Combination of the two making the specular aliasing really visible?

Some effects are just non-existent on XBO, XBS-S, XBO-X 60 FPS mode and XBS-X 120 FPS mode. IMO, not bad trade-offs if those are to ensure solid performance.

Series S performance at 60 FPS is absolutely locked. Impressive.

Regards,
SB

Yea, the textures are really damn good in many places. Here's a few pics I just took. Oh, and the game itself is pretty darn awesome too!

20210925141211-1.jpg

20210925175106-1.jpg

20210925175548-1.jpg

20210925180137-1.jpg

The gameplay is fun indeed.
Yea, the textures are really damn good in many places. Here's a few pics I just took. Oh, and the game itself is pretty darn awesome too!

20210925141211-1.jpg

20210925175106-1.jpg

20210925175548-1.jpg

20210925180137-1.jpg
Looking at the light bulb... There's no chromatic aberration.

So I wonder, what the heck did I saw and makes me got headaches hahaha. I was pretty sure I though I was seeing chromatic aberration

There are settings to turn down various graphical effects. I think one is for CA.

The gameplay is fun indeed.

Looking at the light bulb... There's no chromatic aberration.

So I wonder, what the heck did I saw and makes me got headaches hahaha. I was pretty sure I though I was seeing chromatic aberration
There’s a weird glow around Spartan helmets and stuff during the intro sequence.

Supposedly 120 Hz for Series S will return in later builds, or so I've seen mentioned along with that coverage.
Going by the vids it seems like it's now using reconstruction.
Will be Intresting where the modes end up.
Nice being able to see the evolution as it seems the graphics taken a decent step forward also.

20210925141211-1.jpg

20210925175106-1.jpg

20210925175548-1.jpg

20210925180137-1.jpg

Having spent far too much time staring in amazement at detail textures in the first Halo, I'm very excited about all this texture detail!

Having spent far too much time staring in amazement at detail textures in the first Halo, I'm very excited about all this texture detail!

Indeed. The grass in Halo CE xbox was amazing for the time aswell as the rock details, coming from the PSX gen, the asset/world detail was another level never thought possible.

Edit: i think it also did the sunrays through the trees as a first? Like in Crysis 2007. Halo CE was truly amazing technically, the large environments, effects/particle effects, physics, shaders, even the AI was quite ahead at the time.

Having spend some limited time on Infinite pc, i really think its a solid looking game graphically imo, the one year delay was worth it i think. Having in mind ofcourse its a MP focussed title, free to play, and not the balls to the wall 2077 SP aaa graphics powerhouse.
They probably can and will improve on the graphics aswell. The MP gameplay itself couldn't be any better, i think so far its more enjoyable than the later Battlefield series.

Heard the most interesting comment from a streamer who makes a living streaming COD, Battlefield, Counterstrike, and Valorant. Firstly he found the control responsiveness of this flight to be hugely impressive, it's way better than he expected it to be. He said the latency and response were way better than they had any right to be. :p

But the interesting comment is that he said that if Microsoft could make MCC feel like this, he would cry it would be so good.

All really good things to hear about the base engine for an FPS.

Personally, I'm hyped that they focused on the controls, responsiveness, and latency first. Graphics and everything else second. IMO, that's how all developers should approach developing an FPS. First make sure that the core shooting mechanics are REALLY good, then work on the other stuff.

Oh and he was obviously using MKB. He tried controller also, but gave it up since there's no reason to use a controller in an FPS if you can use MKB. Well, couch play might be a situation where you'd want to use a controller. But if I had to play from the couch, I'd just play something other than a shooter. :p

[edit] An interesting comment I heard is that some feel that Halo needs a BR mode. But a BR mode doesn't make sense in the context of Halo Spartans, where you want to build team unity. But then I got thinking ... what about a BR mode that featured the Covenant? THAT would make perfect sense and sounds awesome AF. Playing as Covenant to determine who is the alpha soldier? That just feels so right for the Covenant.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Heard the most interesting comment from a streamer who makes a living streaming COD, Battlefield, Counterstrike, and Valorant. Firstly he found the control responsiveness of this flight to be hugely impressive, it's way better than he expected it to be. He said the latency and response were way better than they had any right to be. :p

But the interesting comment is that he said that if Microsoft could make MCC feel like this, he would cry it would be so good.

All really good things to hear about the base engine for an FPS.

Personally, I'm hyped that they focused on the controls, responsiveness, and latency first. Graphics and everything else second. IMO, that's how all developers should approach developing an FPS. First make sure that the core shooting mechanics are REALLY good, then work on the other stuff.

Oh and he was obviously using MKB. He tried controller also, but gave it up since there's no reason to use a controller in an FPS if you can use MKB. Well, couch play might be a situation where you'd want to use a controller. But if I had to play from the couch, I'd just play something other than a shooter. :p

[edit] An interesting comment I heard is that some feel that Halo needs a BR mode. But a BR mode doesn't make sense in the context of Halo Spartans, where you want to build team unity. But then I got thinking ... what about a BR mode that featured the Covenant? THAT would make perfect sense and sounds awesome AF. Playing as Covenant to determine who is the alpha soldier? That just feels so right for the Covenant.

Regards,
SB
I agree and think that Halo DOES need a BR mode. All the biggest games have a BR mode. And that's the beauty of it... it's simply another mode. It doesn't detract anything from the people that want to play the classic arena style MP, and yet it gives the millions upon millions of BR fans out there something to look at and try. As well as possibly adding their own spin on it.

If there is a BR mode at some point later on.. great! If not, that's fine too! They say they have like a 10 year plan for Halo Infinite.. and it's hard to imagine that kind of plan without a Battle Royale mode getting in there at some point.

Infinite with controller is good. As it have ridiculous amounts auto aim, etc just like destiny series.

The matchmaking also mixes between console and pc player. And it still result in a balanced games. So it have quite good matchmaking algorithm.

How you like it graphically?

If we are strictly comparing beta states since they both launch within weeks of each other.
I'd say, Halo Infinite is way ahead right now. BF2042 beta reminds of the Halo Infinite gameplay reveal. I have no doubt DICE will release with something incredible, but I think as of this moment, it really speaks to how work in progress is no where near representative of the final product.

People were too early calling out Halo Infinite to look like a PS3 game.

It's great to see something new like the Repulsor and GrappleShot in Halo.

This gives me hope for some genuine Halo Kart custom games once Forge releases.

Meta Halo, is best Halo.

Putting in Equipment and Weapons that are extremely unique (where other games have traditionally put these as 'class/hero' abilities), they are able to offer than sandbox difference in gameplay while still sticking within the bounds of Arena gameplay. You have to fight for your gear and equipment, the best players will know how to make use of all of it.

If we are strictly comparing beta states since they both launch within weeks of each other.
I'd say, Halo Infinite is way ahead right now. BF2042 beta reminds of the Halo Infinite gameplay reveal. I have no doubt DICE will release with something incredible, but I think as of this moment, it really speaks to how work in progress is no where near representative of the final product.

People were too early calling out Halo Infinite to look like a PS3 game.

Infinite's a solid looking mp fps game by all means, screenshots dont really do it justice either, in motion (in special higher framerates) its a stunning experience. Personally Infinite for me is all about the gameplay, to see the graphics get such a polish in a year is a nice bonus. Like i said before, i think so far Infinite is both better looking and more promising in the gameplay aswell versus BF2042.

Best of all again is its free to play for the MP, this game's bound to be alive and packed with players for a very long time.

Back