Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

I think you need to be active for the flight in order to download to console. Even though I applied to both, they only gave me flight access to steam.

I will say, this game feels incredible. Some of the best FPS feels in a while, tight snappy controls, aiming is better. Gun feedback is great, sounds are good. Aiming feels great.
No complaints. Looking forward to PVP later today. And then once this is all done, looking forward to seeing this single player campaign finally.

This post just got me even more hyped than I already was to play this tonight! Stuck at work so it's going to be a long day of waiting lol.

I think you need to be active for the flight in order to download to console. Even though I applied to both, they only gave me flight access to steam.

I will say, this game feels incredible. Some of the best FPS feels in a while, tight snappy controls, aiming is better. Gun feedback is great, sounds are good. Aiming feels great.
No complaints. Looking forward to PVP later today. And then once this is all done, looking forward to seeing this single player campaign finally.

How you like it graphically?

How you like it graphically?
Fairly good for a 60fps shooter, though I'm on steam so I can't tell what it's like on Xbox.
It's not breaking visual boundaries, but it's got consistency in quality. This will definitely be among the best on Xbox One for sure. But when concerning this current generation of consoles, I'm not sure. Probably a nice polished game, but nothing mind blowing.

Might be apt to say Destiny 2 quality kind of window. The MP maps look better in Halo. Still reserved on single player game vs what Destiny 2 has.

Destiny 2 doesn't have any genuine single player stuff anymore, it's all been ripped out, I mean Vaulted.
I mean the PVE content vs the MP maps. But yes.. I agree. They use the same BLAM engine, with both of them being open world, imo, it's a fairly decent baseline to compare against.

IRRC, Halo Infinite went back down to 30fps for Xbox One generation.

edit:

Last edited:
This post just got me even more hyped than I already was to play this tonight! Stuck at work so it's going to be a long day of waiting lol.
18GB download IIRC =P

I didn't play the first flight, but the response is a huge improvement over flight one. I'm was a quake/counterstrike guy growing up, Halo wasn't really my Jazz as I was playing mainly Mouse and Keyboard. But this is right and tight. I'm getting some serious q3a feels all over again. No rockets though =P at least not the type that juggles people in the air, but the sniper rifle is a fairly decent rail gun =P

I'm shook that this could be the return of arena to modern FPS gaming. I was so tired of mil sim run around OHK everything.

Fairly good for a 60fps shooter, though I'm on steam so I can't tell what it's like on Xbox.
It's not breaking visual boundaries, but it's got consistency in quality. This will definitely be among the best on Xbox One for sure. But when concerning this current generation of consoles, I'm not sure. Probably a nice polished game, but nothing mind blowing.

Might be apt to say Destiny 2 quality kind of window. The MP maps look better in Halo. Still reserved on single player game vs what Destiny 2 has.

Going to play it later today, the steam version. The multiplayer is free which is the most valuable part of a game but ok. Campaign is 60 bucks.

I think that’s the best part. F2P. That’s basically how they ensure there will always be a permanent player base.

Indeed, the days of shelling out 60 dollars or more for a singpleplayer only experience are over for me (except when a family member wants to play too etc). Most SP games i play through completely once and thats about it. MP titles last many many more hours.

I mean the PVE content vs the MP maps. But yes.. I agree. They use the same BLAM engine, with both of them being open world, imo, it's a fairly decent baseline to compare against.

IRRC, Halo Infinite went back down to 30fps for Xbox One generation.

edit:
Was there a break down of the last flight in terms of fps & resolutions?

Those zen2 CPU's won't get much work.

Hopefully this flight will go down just as well as the last one seemed to have.

Was there a break down of the last flight in terms of fps & resolutions?

Those zen2 CPU's won't get much work.

Hopefully this flight will go down just as well as the last one seemed to have.
PC and Xbox performance was not quite there. But it's running quite well on my 3070. Optimization has certainly been a big thing since last flight.

Nice, it's like the grapple in Q2 Threewave CTF mod, except slower. But the unrestricted grapple points is the key here. Any game with a grappling hook that limits grapple locations to set locations is absolutely shite, IMO.

Looks good that if you wanted to be a grapple monkey and stay in the air through the duration of a map you can. However, unlike Threewave CTF, the slow speed means that anyone trying that will be instantly murdered. :p Although maybe it'll be hard for console controller people to hit them, but MKB players should eat grapple monkey's for lunch.

I wonder if that's something you'll be able adjust in custom MP maps? I'm assuming that if/when Forge arrives, that map makers will be able to adjust that. I'd be seriously hyped for MP maps that had Threewave CTF speed grapples.

Regards,
SB

I wonder if we'll have moments like this ever again in a new Halo?

Just one example of the crazy stuff you used to be able to do in Halo.

That was one thing I loved about classic Bungie, they loved their in game physics simulations. I still remember experimenting with their physics simulation in Myth: The Fallen Lords back in the 90's when BETA testing the game. Back when BETAs for games were actually BETAs. :p

Regards,
SB

Played some matchmaking last night against bots on my XBSX. After about 2 minutes of playing my wife took the controller from me lol. I know she liked it because she was shouting at the TV. Had to close the windows so the neighbors wouldn't hear :runaway:. Not a knock on her because I have the same problem when I play Halo :LOL:. Overall I thought it was really good and I can definitely see myself spending a lot of time on this game when it comes out. The grappling hook's a nice addition. It's very useful for traversing, chasing enemies, and it fits nicely in the game. The assault rifle was the most noticeable difference to me as far as weapons. It seems a lot more accurate/ powerful than previous AR's in Halo.

Played some matchmaking last night against bots on my XBSX. After about 2 minutes of playing my wife took the controller from me lol. I know she liked it because she was shouting at the TV. Had to close the windows so the neighbors wouldn't hear :runaway:. Not a knock on her because I have the same problem when I play Halo :LOL:. Overall I thought it was really good and I can definitely see myself spending a lot of time on this game when it comes out. The grappling hook's a nice addition. It's very useful for traversing, chasing enemies, and it fits nicely in the game. The assault rifle was the most noticeable difference to me as far as weapons. It seems a lot more accurate/ powerful than previous AR's in Halo.
Yea it’s definitely been bumped up, there isn’t a large gap between assault rifle and pistol as big as the older Halos. But I’d say if you can aim, pistol is still significantly better.

Back