Battlefield 2042 [PS, XB, PC]

Even with that delay, the game will still lauch 21 years early.

ok, bye

let’s not forget they abandoned V so this wouldn’t happen. Time to reinstall 4 I guess.

Quite a lot actually.

Is development less efficient post release? Does the process of fixing shipped code make it more time consuming than prior to release? Historically not much has ever been fixed in 1 month of post release patching in BF games. Usually its many months to make any real progress.

Difference in finishing what is known versus fixing what is unknown. That 1 month extra time is likely what they estimated was needed to pull things together and finish off their task list. When you're doing post release fixes, it takes time to figure out what / why / where things are going wrong and then how it can be fixed.

Differences in install sizes are really weird. XBO is at 9GB. Every other platform is at 16+

No single player cuts down a lot of assets and voice you simply don't need. Especially multi language voice.

It's incredible something like Warzone takes up 90gb and it's 1 map. Granted it's an enormous map but there would be a lot of asset reuse.

There's still huge difference between 9 GB for Xbox One and 20 GB on PS4 that can't be explained easily if they're using the same build.

There's still huge difference between 9 GB for Xbox One and 20 GB on PS4 that can't be explained easily if they're using the same build.
Yea seriously weird. Gonna have to predict lower resolution textures or something lol. I have no other idea what it could be

but the X1X version is also running at 9GB lol. Eh. What a mess.

You can install both versions on the Xbox Series X since this demo isn't using SmartDelivery and is listed in the store separately.

I dont know if I'll have the time to try them out. If I did, I could even try it on the OneX and do A/B/C testing. :LOL:

Sooper sekret Xbox One only next gen Kraken Ultra+ finally unveiled to the public and Microsoft. So sekret that even MS didn't know it was there until radgametools finally figured out how to get the Xbox One to go Super Xaiyan and unlock the potential they had implanted there many moons ago. :p It needed this amount of time to build up the needed amount of X-cells through battle with its rival, the PS4 before it amassed enough X-cells to complete the transformation.

Regards,
SB

Sooper sekret Xbox One only next gen Kraken Ultra+ finally unveiled to the public and Microsoft. So sekret that even MS didn't know it was there until radgametools finally figured out how to get the Xbox One to go Super Xaiyan and unlock the potential they had implanted there many moons ago. :p It needed this amount of time to build up the needed amount of X-cells through battle with its rival, the PS4 before it amassed enough X-cells to complete the transformation.

Regards,
SB
You are reading too much into this. It's obviously the power of the cloud. If it was some secret decompression hardware that wouldn't work on the One S or X because the extra hardware was in the power brick, and they don't have a brick.

Back