Deathloop [PS5, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Seeing some PC performance stuttering complaints with fingers pointing at Denuvo DRM to running with really low end CPUs or too many graphical options enabled like FidelityFX. I wonder if any of that is caused by background Shader Compilation.

Well with all the super reviews, we ended up getting this. What’s the scoop graphics wise on PS5? 4k 60? RT? Whats happening?

It's funny how it's exactly like every single game out there in a way.
You play, your character gets killed, respawns and you retry with better knowledge of the map, ennemies, knowing codes and how to solve puzzles...
I think it's a clever idea to integrate what happens in every game inside the game world and build a narrative around it. [Tell that your character knows since he went back in time what you (the player) would know when you character respawns anyway.]
(I think the story and setting are compelling.)

Sounds like the usual launch complaints.

Prey Mooncrash seemed like a sort of prototype for this game.

Last edited:
Huh the game crashed during my first play after about 10 minutes into the game
the library
The game froze, couldn't go to PS5 home screen, after a minute or two some error screen and goes back to PS5 home screen.
Started a new game from beginning as I had not yet reached a save point. No crashes yet, though didn't play more than about 10 min again.
Also, the visual setttings, performance, RT etc... do not come into effect until you restart the game. It took me a while as I was wondering how 30 fps was so smooth.

New It's funny how it's exactly like every single game out there in a way.
Back to the Nintendo days ;)

imo, the indie scene has been the 'idea' grounds for AAA for some time now. Now we are seeing the move of rogue-like design being put into more titles as of late.

Prey Mooncrash was also a roguelike. But I get the feeling not many people played that.

What also comes to mind for me is The Persistence, which also came out a few years ago as a PSVR and then patched-to-2D game and multi-platform release. I suppose that one is an indie game of sorts however. With some Sony backing as a PSVR exclusive.

Also, the visual setttings, performance, RT etc... do not come into effect until you restart the game. It took me a while as I was wondering how 30 fps was so smooth.
That sounds like it has a lot of graphics settings for a console release.

Last edited:
PS5 edition $49.99 in-store at your dreamy local Walmart

Last edited:
On the upside, they do always seem to remove Denuvo down the road.

I bought the PS5 version because it's the fastest machine I own at the moment and it was on sale. Played a few hours last night. The game feels so much like Dishonored 2 and apparently it is the same game engine so that makes sense. Bone charms and runes are now essentially shards and trinkets. Incredibly elaborate game world as one would expect from Arkane. I didn't run into any bugs. I have it on the max quality preset with RT and it has a pretty solid dynamic 4k30 going. It has some load times so no magic SSD voodoo demonstrated here.

I'm still wrapping my head around how the game world works. Time of day affects the various areas and there is a lot of mystery to figure out in general.

Last edited:
Glad this game turned out well. The marketing for the game is probably worst I've ever seen as it actively repelled me from the game due to oversaturation while simultaneously not telling me anything about what the game is at it's core.

I thought it was a multiplayer rogue like but it seems a lot closer to dishonored which is a franchise I enjoyed, having a black male and female lead is great to see as well. Definately will pick up when I get some cash

It does have a multiplayer invasion component but I don't know how that works and I just have it disabled. I sounds like what Watch Dogs does? It also starts you right at a "login to Bethesda account" screen but it's not a requirement.

I am somewhat disappointed that there doesn't appear to be a non-violent approach with this game but since everyone respawns tomorrow it does seem almost pointless. Also interesting is the gore level is way down from what you could do in Dishonored 2.

Last edited:
It does have a multiplayer invasion component but I don't know how that works and I just have it disabled. I sounds like what Watch Dogs does? It also starts you right at a "login to Bethesda account" screen but it's not a requirement.

I am somewhat disappointed that there doesn't appear to be a non-violent approach with this game but since everyone respawns tomorrow it does seem almost pointless. Also interesting is the gore level is way down from what you could do in Dishonored 2.

The invasion is triggered by an event. Basically, there's this thing that needs to be activated to "finish" the requirements of a zone mission. Once you activate that thing, it opens you up to invasion but you can now exit the zone. So basically now you try to escape the zone while an invader can try to kill you. You can also try to kill the invader, of course, but all you need to do is just get to the exit and get out. Of course the invader knows this also, so they can camp the exit. :p

It's sort of like Dark Souls invasions, except the invasion can only happen after you, the player, do a specific action.

Regards,
SB

Basically, similar to Bloodborne invasions

Sort of, except it's only voluntary in the sense of when you start the invasion. It's mandatory in order to finish the mission objective. In that sense you also can't start it whenever you want I don't think.

Regards,
SB

So apparently this is quite good, it's getting lots of 10/10 reviews.
"Critics" reviews don't have any meaning these days or games like TloU2 would be one of the best games on 2020, except it's not.
Curious about impressions here because User reviews on MC are not great (possibly review bombing?)
Most notable complaints are: terrible AI (which I noticed in early gameplay footage), ?fake choices, game's mystery and story are disappointing

User reviews often have little value either. Especially ones written so soon after release with a game like this.

The AI is pretty interesting. It seems like an improved version of what the Dishonored games have. I've seen the enemies climbing the same walls I climb to come after me. They work together in mobs. It's rather alarming much of the time. But they aren't really difficult enemies if you're careful (or a Dishonored 2 pro) so maybe some people see it as too easy most of the time. These aren't classic FPS foes with perfect accuracy and instantaneous reflexes around corners. But then they also are not trained soldiers so that's probably appropriate.

Though sometimes when not alerted they seem a little too unaware in that I can sometimes violently execute someone a few feet behind another and that guy doesn't notice. As if that kill made absolutely zero noise.

I don't remember if the game has difficulty settings. They may have designed this game to be a bit easier than their previous games. Besides the shooter aspects being fairly "medium" difficulty there is a lot of guidance to help you not get lost. From the usual markers to floating words that represent your memories and Juliana chatting over the radio and your character's introspection. But like their previous games, much of the help can be disabled in the menu.

I've only got about 5 hours on it though so no comments on story. That is extremely subjective anyway. But anyone who can't have some fun with this game is probably a nutjob. :)

Last edited:
Back