Rift, Vive, and Virtual Reality

I've tried DIRT Rally 2.0. I get motion sickness from driving in VR unfortunately. The lack of actual physical forces on me while expecting them when driving I think. It's probably similar to how I need snap turn instead of smooth turning in other games.

I can image. I get a motion sickness from certain aspects of Project Cars. Its mostly okay but sudden movements that should incur obvious G's do make me feel sick. I expect Rally racing to feature a lot more of that. I'm happy just to have a good 2d rally game though as its a gap in my genre library at the moment. I like to have at least one quality game of every genre just so that the options there if I or a friend ever want it. I kinda like to think of my PC as a games arcade where every experience is available even if you never play them.

I like to have at least one quality game of every genre

limiting to works in VR
For a military flight sim i would recommend dcs world its free on steam (the base game) well worth having (but it gets expensive fast if you buy additional planes) and its very complex
second I would recommend IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad £5.99

The Reverb G2 has often been having large discounts on Amazon. Right now it's going for 500€.

Is there anything that is significantly better than the G2 at the moment, or in the foreseeable future?

The Reverb G2 has often been having large discounts on Amazon. Right now it's going for 500€.

Is there anything that is significantly better than the G2 at the moment, or in the foreseeable future?
Not at the reduced prices. I think only the Vive 2 is at the same level of clarity.

Last edited:
May be useful to some :
There has been a lot of complaining about the cable. I haven't had any problems but I also haven't been using it much because of the dearth of new software this summer. The hot weather also reduces my interest in attaching these things to my face.

There is a lot of complaining about the cables used with most VR HMDs. These cables suffer through a lot more flexing and twisting than the typical PC cable so I think it's not surprising that troubles happen.

Last edited:
The Myst remake that first launched for Oculus Quest in December 2020 is coming to Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC via Steam, Epic Games Store, and GOG

Built for Both Virtual Reality and 2D Displays
Designed and built from the ground up in Unreal Engine, this newly-reimagined version of Myst includes fresh takes on the visuals in every area in the game. With both virtual reality and 2D play experiences in mind, this definitive, modern edition of Myst will immerse you in the world in a way that has never been possible before.
The virtual reality experience includes both Free Roam and Teleport modes, and supports Valve Index, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Rift S, and Quest via Oculus Link.

Wow, I wish I had my way with an HP Reverb G2. I'm currently operating on an Oculus Quest 2, and I'd like even more clarity but I don't think it will be a huge difference when moving to an HP Reverb 2. Has anyone switched from a Quest 2 to the Reverb G2 and has any advice to give?
Worth it / Not worth it?

You ought to check out an older OLED VR set instead for a different sort of better visuals. I'd rather use the Odyssey Plus than either Reverb with some games.

Or maybe you could get a Reverb G1 and save yourself some money for essentially identical visuals compared to G2. The downside being somewhat worse tracking, but upsides of a handy headphone jack, removable stock headphones, possibly better face fit, and a standard WMR button layout that doesn't mess up zillions of games.

Last edited:
It is a surprisingly claustrophobic horror experience and man does horror work well in VR. :) And a ton of goofy abstract floating 3D hacking puzzles.

Noticed this on steam no idea if its any good but it is free
I have seen that too. I haven't tried it though. I don't really understand all these free releases. Somebody footed the bill.

On that note, the free Aftershocks expansion for Walking Dead Saints & Sinners is out now. I have that installed but haven't played it yet either.

I have seen that too. I haven't tried it though. I don't really understand all these free releases. Somebody footed the bill.

On that note, the free Aftershocks expansion for Walking Dead Saints & Sinners is out now. I have that installed but haven't played it yet either.

could be in app skins and other stuff that they want you to buy. Or they put out the first slice of a game to get press and follow it up with a more fleshed out finished product that is paid for. But hey more free stuff is good lol

Back