Spider-Man 2 [PS5]

No Thread for this so posting.

51441349649_f9f1cdf7a1_h.jpg

51440856678_640f8c5eca_h.jpg

When I saw this trailer, my initial reaction for the Russian voice was Kraven the Hunter. Then they showed Venom! This game is going to rock with both Kraven and Venom in it.

Miles Morales improve the character but the city was the same on PS4 and PS5 out of raytracing. This time no PS4 means big improvement on city geometry and details. Minor improvement on Miles and Peter Parker compared to improved PS5 character in Spiderman remastered and Spider man Miles Morales.

44.png

unknown.png

Miles Morales improve the character but the city was the same on PS4 and PS5 out of raytracing. This time no PS4 means big improvement on city geometry and details. Minor improvement on Miles and Peter Parker compared to improved PS5 character in Spiderman remastered and Spider man Miles Morales.

44.png

unknown.png
Lol comparing cinematics

Lol comparing cinematics

In game cinematic they is not more geometry in the scenery than during gameplay. Character geometry were improved in Spiderman remasterd and Spiderman Miles Morales but the city geometry was exactly the same than on PS4 just with raytraced reflections.

Last edited:
with faster data IO and SSD LOD management will be much improved over ps4, so yes we can expect busier environments that could reach cutscene quality, just like in R&C.

I don't expect main characters to improve a lot compared to remastered and Mile Morales but the environnement and NPC progress will be huge.

Looks to be a PS4 and PS5 title again? Just watched the latest digital foundry video and their findings are that graphically, ray tracing seems to be the same.

Looks to be a PS4 and PS5 title again? Just watched the latest digital foundry video and their findings are that graphically, ray tracing seems to be the same.
insomniac rt implementation is topnotch and I dont think it can be much better on ps5, rdna2 rt implementation is not powerhouse. And to be honest here, does it matter we dont have 100% acuarte reflected all objects ? There are so many other more important things that could get improvement in spiderman 2.

with faster data IO and SSD LOD management will be much improved over ps4, so yes we can expect busier environments that could reach cutscene quality, just like in R&C.
Busier and more diverse. Insomniac did a presentation about how the streaming was limited to 20MB/s on PS4 which means limited the number of unique assets in any environment cell.

You may never see two identical peds again, if they generate them semi-randomly with variances on build, height, sex, upper and lower clothes and accessories. Likewise vehicles.

I finally got around to starting Mike Morales this morning, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
In game cinematic they is not more geometry in the scenery than during gameplay. Character geometry were improved in Spiderman remasterd and Spiderman Miles Morales but the city geometry was exactly the same than on PS4 just with raytraced reflections.
I finished Miles Morales and gameplay looks nowhere near what was in this spiderman 2 cinematic and lets be honest, gameplay will not have this level of fidelity even on ps6 ;)

I finished Miles Morales and gameplay looks nowhere near what was in this spiderman 2 cinematic and lets be honest, gameplay will not have this level of fidelity even on ps6 ;)

But Miles Morales is a cross gen title, they only changed the character, environnement is PS4 graphics level.

But Miles Morales is a cross gen title, they only changed the character, environnement is PS4 graphics level.
yeah I know, curious how spider 2 gameplay will look but for sure not expecting level of this trailer cinematics

You may never see two identical peds again, if they generate them semi-randomly with variances on build, height, sex, upper and lower clothes and accessories. Likewise vehicles.

Most of that was already done in Dead Rising 4 where the zombies were randomly generated WRT to clothing and features. I can't remember if height was included in that or not, but I don't think it was. It was rather impressive when you saw large hordes of zombies and most of them looked different from each other zombie. I had hopes that more games would do something along those lines, but most games didn't bother. Likely, because they'd rather spend the limited memory budget on higher graphical IQ features rather than more diverse visuals.

That's the one huge boon that the fast I/O on the current gen consoles could bring to the table is more diverse assets without having to worry about [1] how much memory is used by them and [2] how do you effectively load basically random assets from disk (the absolute worst cased for HDDs was random reads and writes). This isn't even something you could solve via duplication on the disk as that would give you "packs" of assets, but still wouldn't be random assets.

Regards,
SB

Back