All Future Sony first-party PlayStation games coming to PC

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/uncharted-collection-pc-leaks-and-includes-all-five-games/

Uncharted Collection PC leaks and includes all five games
Drake's apparently heading to Steam and Epic Games Store

Intriguingly, the image also shows the logo of the recently acquired Nixxes studios in the bottom right-hand corner, which would make sense considering that Sony has been quite vocal that it brought the company to help with PC ports of its franchises.

The social post itself is seemingly scheduled to go live at 10am (although no time zone is specified) Monday, September 6 and will announce a December 7 release date for the Uncharted PC collection.

Very nice!! Didn't expect to get the whole series in a single package. I wonder if there'll be any PC enhancements beyond resolution and framerate? Those early games will be pretty rough around the edges by now. Not that I'm complaining if they're just straight ports.

It has 2 games, the Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
It's weird that didn't port the original trilogy given they ported those to PS4. It could made quite the collection, although Uncharted 2 was the real darling.

https://twistedvoxel.com/amp/geforc...eturnal-demons-souls-more-potential-pc-ports/

GeForce Now Database Leaks God of War, Returnal, Demon’s Souls, More Potential PC Ports

God of War, Returnal, Demon’s Souls, and several other PlayStation exclusives could be heading to PC according to a new leak.

In an article posted on Medium [ https://medium.com/@ighor/i-unlocked-nvidia-geforce-now-and-stumbled-upon-pirates-dc48a3f8ff7 ], a researcher has shared a method that can be used to find out games that are not supported yet by GeForce Now streaming service. By using this method, he was able to find listings from Steam Database that included several PlayStation exclusives that are yet to be announced by Sony.

Here are all the PlayStation Exclusives that were found in the list and could be heading to PC. Take this one with a grain of salt since there is nothing official.

• Days Gone (Available on Steam)
  • Demon’s Souls
  • Deracine
  • Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (Available on Steam)
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • God of War
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Guns Up (Available on Steam)
  • Helldivers 2 (Not yet announced)
  • Helldivers (Available On Steam)
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition (Available On Steam)
  • Predator: Hunting Grounds (Available On Steam)
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Returnal
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
  • Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection

makes a lot of sense for sony. Broadens their user base. I am surprised to see Forbidden west and gran turismo 7 but who knows when they would actually get released.

Original Medium article:

I unlocked NVIDIA GeForce NOW and stumbled upon Pirates

The same list points to the presence of Dolphin Emulator and Super Mario Bros Wii, which we can't realistically play on the PC without resorting to piracy, so there's virtually no way someone's going to play Super Mario Bros Wii through Dolphin on Geforce Now.

I don't know who's generating the entries for this database or for what, but it doesn't look like all the entries relate to ongoing PC ports. He mined a total of 18000 titles which is is a lot compared to the current 1000-something games on the service.
My take is Nvidia are just mining game info entries from publishers' / distributors' databases (or even just from Google) to reduce their work whenever they include a new game.

Which is a bit of a shame that we're not going to see a higher-fidelity Demon's Souls Remake on a higher-specced PC. That game is drop-dead gorgeous and I'm yet to find anything that looks even remotely better on my new PC with a 5900X + RX 6900XT (>2x the GPU throughput of a PS5?). Except for the Valley of the Ancient UE5 demo, which of course isn't a game.

Original Medium article:

I unlocked NVIDIA GeForce NOW and stumbled upon Pirates

The same list points to the presence of Dolphin Emulator and Super Mario Bros Wii, which we can't realistically play on the PC without resorting to piracy, so there's virtually no way someone's going to play Super Mario Bros Wii through Dolphin on Geforce Now.

I don't know who's generating the entries for this database or for what, but it doesn't look like all the entries relate to ongoing PC ports. He mined a total of 18000 titles which is is a lot compared to the current 1000-something games on the service.
My take is Nvidia are just mining game info entries from publishers' / distributors' databases (or even just from Google) to reduce their work whenever they include a new game.

Which is a bit of a shame that we're not going to see a higher-fidelity Demon's Souls Remake on a higher-specced PC. That game is drop-dead gorgeous and I'm yet to find anything that looks even remotely better on my new PC with a 5900X + RX 6900XT (>2x the GPU throughput of a PS5?). Except for the Valley of the Ancient UE5 demo, which of course isn't a game.
there are other interesting titles on list like crysis 4, injustice 3, tekken 8, gta 3 series remaster, ff9 remake

I dont know how Nvidia would know the codenames for the Microsoft projects nor any open area where they could mine the data from Microsoft. Let alone all the other developers and publishers.

I dont know how Nvidia would know the codenames for the Microsoft projects nor any open area where they could mine the data from Microsoft. Let alone all the other developers and publishers.

Nvidia is also an AI software development company. I'm pretty sure they could quickly develop and implement several kinds of DL-based web crawlers that populate a database with current and future videogame titles, including "games" whose titles and codenames only appear in rumor sites and forum discussions.
They'd do that well before filling out 18 000 entries of videogames and apps by hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021...bout-efforts-to-bring-playstation-hits-to-pc/

Ex-Sony exec opens up about efforts to bring PlayStation hits to PC
"There's no losing in this transaction," says former PlayStation Studios head Shawn Layden.

Yeah, I agree, there's pretty much zero downside to how they are currently releasing on PC (1-2+ years after PS launch). It's all purely upside. You get new players that generate new revenue and there's the potential that maybe you'll convince a PC player to get a PS console. Although as they mention the latter is a pretty small chance. But even without any PC players getting a PS console, there is still no downside to doing it.

Personally, I'd love for them to eventually move to day and date release on PC. If it benefits them they'll move that direction. If it doesn't they won't. But either way, I'm glad they aren't afraid of the PC platform. And similar to the situation with Capcom, it's another way to try to stay relevant in Japan and other Asian countries where PC is either more relevant than consoles (like S. Korea and China) or becoming more relevant than consoles (like Japan, although PC might already be more relevant there than consoles).

Regards,
SB

their revenue comes from software sales and not hardware mostly, so yeah not selling more hardware to PC players would not be worrying.
Then there is the online aspect of games, for now they only released solo games, but what if they release say GT7 ? Will they propose a PS+ subscription to PC players ?

Yeah, I agree, there's pretty much zero downside to how they are currently releasing on PC (1-2+ years after PS launch). It's all purely upside. You get new players that generate new revenue and there's the potential that maybe you'll convince a PC player to get a PS console. Although as they mention the latter is a pretty small chance. But even without any PC players getting a PS console, there is still no downside to doing it.

Personally, I'd love for them to eventually move to day and date release on PC. If it benefits them they'll move that direction. If it doesn't they won't. But either way, I'm glad they aren't afraid of the PC platform. And similar to the situation with Capcom, it's another way to try to stay relevant in Japan and other Asian countries where PC is either more relevant than consoles (like S. Korea and China) or becoming more relevant than consoles (like Japan, although PC might already be more relevant there than consoles).

Regards,
SB

Currently out of Death Stranding done by Kojima Productioms they are releasing title 3 to 4 years after. Horizon release in 2017 and release in 2020 on PC and Uncharted 4 release in 2016 and Lost Legacy in 2017. Shawn Layden said this.
  • There was no downside releasing titles that reached sales saturation on consoles
I suppose games will release two to three years after. Games release very well one year later. Sales begin to reach saturation two to three years after release.

Last edited:
It's published by Sony on Playstation. So it's a first party published game.

It is not a title made by a Sony studio, Kojima productions wanted to release the game on PC much sooner than Sony do it with it own title. I don't expect Sony title on PC two/three years after release when sales become very low on consoles.

Back