Sony PlayStation Showcase [2021-09-09]

Yeah but it looks like it will be PS5 and PC only. Unless SIE is planning on releasing it on the Xbox but I doubt that. I was just thinking to myself what game could be remade from the OG Xbox that has a real legacy on the system and I could only think of two games and KOTOR was one of them. Sorry for bringing this up but this is huge.

Another publisher could publish it on xbox or embracer group can self publish. Dunno we gotta wait on more information. I am worried that it seems like they are changing the game play mechanics.

KOTOR, Wolverine, Spiderman 2 big ones, gow 2 underwhelming, not much better than 1st, typical crossgen edit: and gt7 march ! great news

Last edited:
Sony has zero rights to the Spiderman games as well. This is part of the deal they reached with Disney and by the fact that Spiderman was a huge success.

edit: Spiderman 2 announced to.

However sony has the movie rights to Spiderman in perpetuity and through that there was a merchandising deal that they renegotiated a few years ago . Sony has no rights to wolverine or x-men in anyway , that was fox but now disney owns fox.

Really impressive showcase, Sony absolutely smashed it.

I'm a little worried about the KOTOR remake now. They are redoing the whole game including the story to make it more "impactful for the people of today." I hope that doesn't mean they are redoing the story to make it more politically correct and "woke." And they'll be "incorporating" aspects of the original that people loved ... that always makes me worried. When a developer says something like that it almost always means they've fucked it up because they want their vision of what they want the game to be.

That's from the interview after the show.

Regards,
SB

I was expecting far more given how much hype was going around social media. I mostly agree with Jayco's take, but would say it was slightly above average.

The show was average at best, way worse than the initial showings. Lack of new content.

I think with the pandemic sony doesn't want to show or commit to things that are a little further out esp with the new variants of the virus hitting and causing dissruption. I'm actually surprised at the stuff even further away being shown.

That said while it wasn't the best showing I think it was interesting enough with enough teases to the future that if I was a playstation owner i'd be happy with what was shown

KOTOR, Wolverine, Spiderman 2 big ones, gow 2 underwhelming, not much better than 1st, typical crossgen edit: and gt7 march ! great news
I disagree about Gow2. The gameplay snippets were short but I am expecting big things. We have seen plenty of new ennemies, some with sword, a bad-ass big lezard, new abilities for Atreus. Even bigger, detailed and awesome vistas, more importantly all of them real-time gameplay. It's easy to make it look awesome using cutscenes like the others ones you mentionned (an almost of the others games of this showcase) but here they showed plenty of gameplay very probably running at 4K CBR 60fps on PS5 (which is the most important).

I am expecting Wolverine to be cross-gen and potentially releasing on PC later. EDIT: apparently already announced as a PS5 exclusive (not cross-gen).

Last edited:
I disagree about Gow2. The gameplay snippets were short but I am expecting big things. We have seen plenty of new ennemies, some with sword, a bad-ass big lezard, new abilities for Atreus. Even bigger, detailed and awesome vistas, more importantly all of them real-time gameplay. It's easy to make it look awesome using cutscenes like the others ones you mentionned (an almost of the others games of this showcase) but here they showed plenty of gameplay very probably running at 4K CBR 60fps on PS5 (which is the most important).

I am expecting Wolverine to be cross-gen and potentially releasing on PC later.
yeah we know nothing how wolverine and spiderman 2 looks but its insomniac ;) just expected more from gow2, horizon 2 looks much better for me

The show was average at best, way worse than the initial showings. Lack of new content.

gow 2 underwhelming

I was expecting far more given how much hype was going around social media. I mostly agree with Jayco's take, but would say it was slightly above average.

Agree. Was expecting more too. Very underwhelming, and cross gen announcements a year in. Maybe next time they have something stunning to show, so far no problem in not having secured a ps5 yet.

Back