What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing pool boy for the first time in over a year and a half and it's a bloody glorious feeling!

(Not a PC game, I'm really just cleaning my pool...but it's been down since the middle of last summer since we needed a new liner and only ordered one in April so it's almost done being installed, at least the pump/heater is going and I can maintain it and swim in it now!)

Playing quake on ps5. Wow so fast... Makes halo, cod and cs like slideshows.
Last time I played it was over 20 years ago. Something weird though.. Slight erratic movement of player for a couple of seconds after a new level is loaded and then it goes back to normal. Is my ds drifting lol?

no more heroes 3 on switch.

the person demanding "more gameplay hours" need to get a stern warning. the "non-optional fillers" are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much and tedious and uninspired and boring.

loving gamepass right now. Currently playing: The ascent, Hades, Back into destiny 2 now that it's cross play, and i can play with my PC mates. Flight sim, when i want something quiet.

gamepass makes me really consider buying a series x. If microsoft announced a plan for VR compatibliity on series X, i;ll instantly buy the console lol. its always on-stock here.

it's more like a remaster, they added SSAO and some extra options to the main menu. The game runs like a dream
Had to check it out after your post and you're absolutely right, it's like the original Quake only a whole lot better and smoother.

I've been replaying Cyberpunk 2077, but I'm moving on to replaying Saints Row 3, 4, and Gat out of Hell to understand why I hate the reboot trailer so much. :)

Slowly playing through Witcher 3 while reading books.
Started doing first DLC missions..

There seems to be quite jump in enemy difficulty on northern part of map.
Running into crowd flailing sword doesn't work here.

Well, I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it, but since I currently have some free time and I LOVE good CRPGs, I'm currently playing Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Thankfully, it's not even remotely as buggy as the first game was.

This is shaping up to be an epic CRPG. It has an excellent turn based mode, possibly the best for real-time with pause style CRPGs. I started with real-time with pause since turn based mode in these types of games usually feels a bit clunky, but the turn-based mode is actually really well done. There's also a setting that allows you speed up turn-based mode by up to 3x so the combat can be even faster than real-time.

Already plonked down 15 hours in the game and I would probably need greater than 100 hours to finish it since I'm doing all the sidequests that I can.

Core difficulty is how the developers meant this game to be played (in olden times, this is what would have been normal). 2 difficulties lower than that is what is labeled as Normal (in olden times this would be easy mode). There are 2 difficulty levels higher than Core which are significantly harder. Hard has situations where your characters can get one shot. Unfair is another level above that where there has been no balancing done ... so only for the masochists.

The nice thing is that difficulty is completely customizable. And there are a quite a few options for customizing difficulty. For people that hate save scumming, there's even an option to limit the game to one save and the game will autosave to that save after certain events.

Dialog and story are great so far even if it perhaps goes a bit too far on pushing PC messaging. But if you hate PC messaging you can always go full Evil mode and just slaughter everyone and everything in the game. :p Alignment actually kind of means something with alignment specific dialog choices with consequences. Alignment options in dialog actually give alignment "points", these aren't visible on your character sheet, but I imagine it has the possibility to shift your alignment later in the game if you keep choosing dialog options that are diametrically opposed to your chosen alignment ... which could pose problems for classes with alignment restrictions.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
After a long absence, I have returned to Assassin's Creed Odyssey on PS5 following the 60fps patch. And I think I am going to finish it this time by not burning out on endless side quests. I tried assassin/hunter(archer) my first time, but this time I've gone mostly warrior with a pinch of assassin and this is much more fun. Like Ghost of Tsushima you can play sneaky-stabby but also just walk up to a group of enemies front on and cut them to pieces.

And it still looks so pretty. :yes:

I'm really looking forward to a Pathfinder 2 ruleset CRPG. It's my favorite PnP rules I've played yet I think. Would translate well to CRPG as well.

I'm still primarily playing Snowrunner. I wish I could see how much playing I have on Game pass PC. I must have 100-150 hours easily on it, and maybe 30% into the base game. My wife doesn't understand how drive around in trucks in mud and rivers for so long. It's relaxing and challenging.

My gaming agenda for the rest of the month includes:

Completing DQ XI Chapters 10 - 12 to finish the game
Getting through Hades 10 times
Finishing Psychonauts (original)
Completing the MS Flight Sim Training sessions

HOLY crap. I think Pathfinder is shaping up to be a 200-300 hour playthrough if I try to do all the content (sidequests and everything). I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to finish it, but we'll see. They've added Heroes of Might and Magic style army combat to the game as well! This really is something special.

Since it's such a long game, I decided to try something that is presumably something that can be experienced in bit sized pieces so that I can still feel like I have some semblance of a life outside of Pathfinder.

Crown Trick is a turn based rogue-like that just released. I was pleasantly surprised when it launched on GamePass since I've had it in my Steam Wishlist for months now. That means instead of waiting for it to go on sale, I could immediately try it out.

Well, the good news is that since it's a rogue-like, you can indeed experience it in bite sized chunks. The bad news (or good news) is that the gameplay is solid and engaging ... so, ummm, I've played it WAAAAY too much the past few days.l

It has meta-progression and item unlocks and all the other things you would expect from a rogue-like. And it's all wrapped up in a rather charming presentation that could be considered kid friendly. The fact that it's turn-based means it's also less stressful than something like The Binding of Isaac.

Regards,
SB

I'm still primarily playing Snowrunner.
You need to buy this
QsVTMzN.jpg

ps:
You can buy the joystick console panel on its own if you want

I'm still primarily playing Snowrunner. I wish I could see how much playing I have on Game pass PC. I must have 100-150 hours easily on it, and maybe 30% into the base game. My wife doesn't understand how drive around in trucks in mud and rivers for so long. It's relaxing and challenging.
Me too ... love to get dirty ;)

Just purchased Year 2 Season pass!

Played through The Artful Escape. It's very light on challenge, if that's your thing, but it's an utterly glorious audio/visual experience. Hits a great tone of being serious about it's musician's journey story and very silly.

I don't think I've every really seen anything that looks like it. They wring so much production value out of their art style.

Hurrah for Gamepass, as usual. Don't know if I'd have picked it up otherwise.

Playing halo 5, the big arena battle is better than destiny 2 but the corridor battle is waaaaaaaay worse than destiny 2.

Overall the gameplay felt pretty similar to destiny 2 tho. So the usual fun and satisfying shootings.

Btw turns out destiny 2 on Xbox Series have a much easier PVP players than on PC.

On pc I usually goes less than 1 KDR, but on XS I easily got 2-4 KDR while just playing leisurely.

Really weird as matchmaking supposed to match me with similarly skilled players regardless of platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back