Horizon Forbidden West [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
That would be true, if it weren't for the fact that most consoomer will eat it all up regardless and ask for more.
Well, I don't think so. Just look at the blog comments. People are really not happy, and those are all Playstation customers. With plenty of them saying they won't buy the expensive editions. This is insulting: the physical editions at >200$ including steel books...without any disc? Which underpaid intern got this idea?

Well, I don't think so. Just look at the blog comments. People are really not happy, and those are all Playstation customers. With plenty of them saying they won't buy the expensive editions. This is insulting: the physical editions at >200$ including steel books...without any disc? Which underpaid intern got this idea?
yea, outside of digital deluxe which is 20 more than standard versions, there's no reasonable way to get dual ownership.

They are pretty much saying, pay 20 extra or be locked to PS4 version. That would burn me the wrong way considering how hard it is to get a PS5 right now. they are selling phenomenally well, but it's hard to believe the entire ps4 population can move over in less than 2 years.

What are the graphical different between PS4 and PS5 to justify the higher price?
Higher res, 60fps, better effects (like sea waves or aloy-halo thing), but this is the same exact game with the same content. Those graphical improvements aren't worth 80€ when you already bought the game 70€ on PS4.

Like @iroboto said the main problem is many people are stuck with PS4 not because they don't want to buy a PS5, but because there aren't any stock. Which AFAIK never happened so long after the release of a console.

That would be great incentive for companies to release higher framerate versions if how much you paid for a game was based on how many frames it could render per second. :D

Regards,
SB

Yikes, there would not be a game out there that wasn't hitting 300fps under those circumstances.

Sony has revised their stance. They will let you spend $10 to upgrade from PS4 edition to PS5 editions going forward and will provide HFW PS4 to PS5 upgrade for free as they said last year.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...lectors-and-digital-deluxe-editions-detailed/

Thursday was to be a celebration of Horizon Forbidden West and the amazing team at Guerrilla working to deliver it on February 18, 2022. However, it’s abundantly clear that the offerings we confirmed in our pre-order kickoff missed the mark.

Last year we made a commitment to deliver free upgrades for our cross-gen launch titles, which included Horizon Forbidden West. While the pandemic’s profound impact pushed Forbidden West out of the launch window we initially envisioned, we will stand by our offer: Players who purchase Horizon Forbidden West on PlayStation 4 will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version for free.

I also want to confirm today that moving forward, PlayStation first-party exclusive cross-gen titles (newly releasing on PS4 & PS5)–both digital and physical*–will offer a $10 USD digital upgrade option from PS4 to PS5. This will apply to the next God of War and Gran Turismo 7, and any other exclusive cross-gen PS4 & PS5 title published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.

— Jim Ryan, President & CEO, Sony Interactive Entertainment​

*To upgrade an eligible PS4 game on disc to the digital PS5 version, you will need a PS5 console with a disc drive. PS4 game discs can’t be used with the PlayStation®5 Digital Edition.

So will they drop the price of PS5 edition down to $60? Cause as it stands now, you'd have to a fool to buy the PS5 edition for $70 at the start.

Your two options to buy are:
  1. $60 for PS4 edition and FREE Upgrade to PS5 Edition
  2. $70 for PS5 edition ONLY and no PS4 edition

So will they drop the price of PS5 edition down to $60? Cause as it stands now, you'd have to a fool to buy the PS5 edition for $70 at the start.

if you only have a ps5, you can't force the store to sell you the ps4 digital edition. So you have to buy it with a PS4 or get a PS4 disc to get the free upgrade.

could
Pretty sure both Sackboy and Miles Morales Ps5 were priced 10 euros more then the Ps4 editions, even if the the latters could be upgrade for free. I don't see why this should change for HFW.

I'm glad they relented due to pressure but it's weird why it was an issue to begin with.

Seems between this ghost of Tsushima and the crossgen games Sony internally is more disorganized with their strategy than anything.

I'm glad Jim Ryan set a standard for games going forward, but i feel like sony has had to react to a stream of self inflicted mistakes that are simple enough to avoid. And they should be prioritizing putting everyone in the company on the same page with a unified message and precedent going forward so consumers are not continuously wary.

It'll only be doing themselves a favor in the long run.

Right now Sony only has a single Digital edition for Horizon Forbidden West listed. It's $70 for PS4 or PS5. So they raised the price for lastgen to $70. My that's some moves there Jim Ryan.

View attachment 5836

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/horizon-forbidden-west/

I wonder why they wouldent have just announced a 10 dollar upgrade path for this game like they did for every other game if the price is something they are sticking with

Because Jim Ryan already said it would be a Free Upgrade last year.

Yeah but I'm saying the angle of "I'm sticking to my word" didn't really need to happen realistically, since most people were just mad about the segmentation of skus to begin with.

and I think it would be much cleaner to start immediately with 10 dollar upgrade precedent now instead of later instead of having horizon as odd man out but I guess they figured otherwise.

This whole situation is just weird

Right now Sony only has a single Digital edition for Horizon Forbidden West listed. It's $70 for PS4 or PS5. So they raised the price for lastgen to $70. My that's some moves there Jim Ryan.

View attachment 5836

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/horizon-forbidden-west/
Strange, here in the EU (NL) there's still a price difference between the PS4 and PS5 version. Maybe the store hasn't been updated worldwide yet or the price change is only for the USA?

PS4: €70,-
PS5: €80,-

That’s very depressing. I wouldn’t be surprised if EA did something like this but seeing all those sketchy upgrade plans and paid res upgrades I feel disappointed and concerned as this is coming from Sony or Sony first party studios.

They will eventually backtrack their 70$ / 80€ price strategy for all their games. When they'll see they'll make less revenue than previously with PS4.

Back