Forza Horizon 5 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

I agree, but trees are one of the more difficult thing to do in realtime. I think one of the Epic devs talked about it in one of their videos on UE5, it's one of the harder problems to solve due to intense overdraw. I'm really looking forward to the day games can draw each leaf as a card.

BTW do you have an example of a game that does trees to your liking?

Good question. I actually don't have a good example but trees/vegetation has always been an immersion breaking aspect of games for me. So maybe I'm just biased towards it. Maybe I'll load up Cyperpunk 2077 as I recall some of it being decent when maxed out on PC.

Trees also can't really be 3d scanned easily. With other stuff like rocks, it can be easily 3d scanned and result in a high quality model and texture with relatively minimal manual touch.

Map...

E8XZzEKWQAAPerS

Tommy McClain

More info in today's live stream...

or TLDW...

• The 2020 Toyota Supra GR is here. Forza Horizon 5 has confirmed that the hotly anticipated and much-requested Toyota Supra GR is in the game, and will be included from day one. No DLC, no obstacles. Every player will be able to obtain the sleek and powerful 2020 Toyota Supra GR.
  • A peek at new body kits and upgrades. The FH5 team also showed off new visual upgrades in Forza Horizon 5, including new rims, wings, and even a widebody kit for the Toyota Supra, which looked pretty incredible.
  • All Xbox Series X. The FH5 team also confirmed that everything they've shown off so far is on the Xbox Series X, showcasing just how much power Microsoft's new console really has at its disposal.
  • Gameplay through three biomes. Taking control of the beautiful Toyota Supra, Let's Go! Episode 5 drove through three new biomes in Forza Horizon 5, including the rocky coast, sandy desert, and living desert. Each biome looked gorgeous, and had new details revealed about them throughout, like how multiple settlements and small towns are scattered across the map.
  • The full map. As you can see above, FH5 finally revealed the full map for the game, and it's absolutely massive. We can see a ton of real-world locations being brought to life in Forza Horizon 5 like Mulegé, Tulum, and more, multiple Horizon Festivals, and a peek at the various biomes that will build FH5's expansive map.
  • Drivatars and civilian traffic. We saw more drivatars hanging out around the Forza Horizon 5 map, and received confirmation that civilian traffic is absolutely returning in this entry.
  • Tire smoke and driving effects. Tire smoke, as well as other effects while driving, have gotten big upgrades in Forza Horizon 5, to the point where tire heat and even the season have an effect on the tire smoke you get while driving.

https://www.windowscentral.com/forza-horizon-5-lets-go-5-stream

Tommy McClain

2020 Toyota Supra GR was hotly anticipated ? By who, Toyota comercial department? ;d
At least I learned that all the fake air scoops, vents, etc. in the Supra were placed for modders' future use, saving them some bodywork. Nice idea, if that's the reasoning behind it.

Reactions: snc

This is very impressive. No pop in at all. LoD is very relaxed so you get a ton of distance clarity. Only two things I noticed was shimmering on the poles before he enters the sandstorm and the antenna on the Porsche glitching out at times and losing its shape
MSAA coverage issues. TAA is sorely missed, especially with all the vegetation. Transparency supersampling is expensive. The performance they saved by axing MSAA could go to more useful areas. MSAA really needs to die off completely for non VR.

This is very impressive. No pop in at all. LoD is very relaxed so you get a ton of distance clarity. Only two things I noticed was shimmering on the poles before he enters the sandstorm and the antenna on the Porsche glitching out at times and losing its shape
Definitely still pop-in for shrubs and whatnot, but it's distant and subtle enough to be extremely forgivable.

Just the best graphics I’ve seen yet the geometry, textures, tessellation on ground every where and lighting and so much more are incredible

Can't wait to try to play this on Vega 6 on the lowest quality. Would be a pleasant surprise if it still looks better than fh4 but with similar performance.

The blog post reads to me like even on PC, ray traced visual effects are not available during actual gameplay but are instead limited to the car exploration mode. Bummer if so.
We’ve also brought raytracing to Forzavista, our signature car exploration mode that lets you get up close to every vehicle in spectacular realism. Open the doors, hood or trunk, inspect the engine and sit inside to rev it before driving out. By leveraging raytracing technology in Forza Horizon 5, we’ve not only given true-to-life reflections across hundreds of cars in Forzavista, but also intensified audio throughout the world by accurately mapping how the sounds of your car bounce between different environments.

The blog post reads to me like even on PC, ray traced visual effects are not available during actual gameplay. Bummer if so.
Have to admit, I didn't even consider it may be available during gameplay.
Now you mentioned it, makes me think yea could've done it.

Motorsport is the full engine rework. This one is just slightly upgraded.
Maybe want to give consistent visuals across platforms and gpu's. Maybe only RTX would've been able to run RT during gameplay in this engine.

Back