What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were dos games how you going to apply direct 3d options to them ? also doesnt fsr have to be enabled in game ?

ps: if your a fan of wing Commander have you played
KpjJV24.jpg

https://www.wcsaga.com/index.php/rs-downloads.html?folder=releases

Last edited:
They were dos games how you going to apply direct 3d options to them ? also doesnt fsr have to be enabled in game ?

ps: if your a fan of wing Commander have you played
KpjJV24.jpg

https://www.wcsaga.com/index.php/rs-downloads.html?folder=releases
Havent played it yet, it's in 'will play someday' folder. :D

Those games run under Dosbox so you can choose form .CFG file what kind of surface use use to display it on screen. (direct draw, opengl.. etc.)
This means that one can force FXAA through nvidia control panel.
Someone hinted that Lossless Scaler 1.4 has FSR support, so checked it and it seems to work ok and thus I can use it to scale native res dosbox windows. :)

FSR is just image scaler/filter just like old good MLAA/FXAA is, so no need to be deep in program.
Would love to see straight in dosbox etc.

Shadow of the tomb raider. Best Tomb Raider ever. The story is meh, I mean, were the previous stories really great? But the settings (pre-colombian south america which I adore) and the exploration are so well done. I love it. Now I want the next God of War trilogy to be set in the same settings. We have enough Egyptian stuff in games.
Agree 100%. I don't remember what games came out around the same time, but SotTR was buried by "bigger" releases. But it's incredibly solid mechanically, and graphically great as well. And the story holds the set pieces together well enough, it just isn't anything that's going to evoke any emotion. Which is the real important thing about a story.

I started Shadow on Xbox, ended up buying it and finishing it on PC because of the ray tracing. With the updates the console versions have received, I'm surprised they didn't add some of the RT lights. Also, I would love if they updated the DLSS on the PC release. It's implementation is pretty terrible.

FInished Twelve Minutes, which as I'm sure people have probably heard about, has an ending that can generously be called "so-so".

Now I'm playing nothing but Hades.

FInished Twelve Minutes, which as I'm sure people have probably heard about, has an ending that can generously be called "so-so".

Now I'm playing nothing but Hades.

How much gametime did you get out of that?

I might try that one tonight.

I'm still in GamePass overload right now.

I've mainly been playing Dragon Quest XI and Hades lately, with a little Lumines Remastered on the side.

Twelve MInutes? Probably about 3 hrs or so. It's certainly not a long game.

Well, at least that's 15x what its name advertises!

Jokes aside, that's kind of what I expected. I like games I can play in one evening too. Untitled Goose Game, or Donut Country, were great examples. But I'd rather get them when they are at single digit prices, though.

I started playing Hades and its amazing, difficult to find time for everything now as last months were great on gamepass. So many great games so little time. But Hades is something else, such a fluid combat and movement.

Well, at least that's 15x what its name advertises!

Jokes aside, that's kind of what I expected. I like games I can play in one evening too. Untitled Goose Game, or Donut Country, were great examples. But I'd rather get them when they are at single digit prices, though.

I did wonder whether you were making a 12 min joke, but decided to take your question at face value. :D

I started playing Hades and its amazing, difficult to find time for everything now as last months were great on gamepass. So many great games so little time. But Hades is something else, such a fluid combat and movement.

I think that's the main takeaway from Hades. It's very slick and has a ton of content and unlocks, but all that wouldn't mean anything if the core mechanics weren't good; and they are.

loving gamepass right now. Currently playing: The ascent, Hades, Back into destiny 2 now that it's cross play, and i can play with my PC mates. Flight sim, when i want something quiet.

Had the chance to play HL: Alyx on a beefy system.

Great experience and great game - really well done.

It took me a bit to get used to the control scheme and I had issues with sickness in the beginning, but it rapidly improved and I had a great time :)

Had the chance to play HL: Alyx on a beefy system.

Great experience and great game - really well done.

It took me a bit to get used to the control scheme and I had issues with sickness in the beginning, but it rapidly improved and I had a great time :)

I dont have the VR headset for my pc, but played it at a family members, its so far the best VR experience. Comes at a (high) price, and seeing the amount of VR games in the general gaming world, its not really taken off yet.

Psychonauts 2. IMO, perhaps the best 3D platformer ever made (yes, better than the new Ratchet and Clank, IMO). The gameplay and humor are absolutely on point.

I usually don't like 3D platformers, but just like the first Psychonauts game, I absolutely LOVE this game.

The best thing that they did is they didn't try to change the core gameplay much. So it basically plays like the first Psychonauts game. This really is an absolute treat of a game.

Regards,
SB

Playing destiny 2 again due to new season. But... There's only 2 new missions and 1 is already provided for free.

No way I'm buying the dlc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back