Abandoned

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
The ones after 2004 were a lot of crap because Team Silent did not work on them.

So it all comes down the following three people?
  1. Akira Yamaoka (music composer)
  2. Hiroyuki Owaku (scenario writer)
  3. Masahiro Ito (monster and background designer and art director)
Those were the only fixtures for most of the series from Team Silent.

So it all comes down the following three people?
  1. Akira Yamaoka (music composer)
  2. Hiroyuki Owaku (scenario writer)
  3. Masahiro Ito (monster and background designer and art director)
Those were the only fixtures for most of the series from Team Silent.

And the Silent Hill 2 curse.
Westerns seem to believe that Silent Hill is Silent Hill 2, with that ideal of "personal purgatory". IT IS NOT! It was just on that game!

About the only post Team Silent game that I feel holds up well, is the 2006 prequel. I'm glad they did not turn it into another dumb, RE4 style game, which it was originally intended to be, going by early development screenshots. RE4 is a very overrated game, that is great to play, sure, but hardly qualifies as survival horror.

Games like The Evil Within share the same camera perspective as RE4, 5 and so on, yet they are creepy as all hell with way better controls, and yet nobody talks about them in the same manner.

So, yeah. Origins is decent. But the others practically all sucked after Origins. Shattered Memories was to me at least, uninteresting. Plus, it was the first game's story, redone in a way I did not like. You ran away and used a camera. Homecoming has HORRIBLE gameplay where you have to mash the buttons like mad to defeat anything that attacks you, and Downpour was so mediocre. That game only has one boss, in the prison. So it's no wonder fans don't care much for those titles.

My personal hype for this game has diminished a bit. I mean, I am still curious to know what it's about. But I think all of these Silent Hill stories from Dusk Golem and other people over the last year and a half, was likely all just hogwash made up for attention.

It has been a bizarre journey though, to say the least.

People are saying you get a creepy voice mail stating "you're wasting your time" when you call.

Also:
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...e-its-next-game-quite-soon-says-art-director/

It has been a bizarre journey though, to say the least.
I've been saying this from the start.
This ride has been awesome to follow, and even if in the end everything is a monumental coincidence (Kojima's new satellite studio in the Netherlands being located in the same district as BBStudios, Kojima putting blue squares in all his tweets for months, Hasan Kahmaran and Hideo Kojima having the same meaning and same initials, the list goes on and on), it's been really fun to watch.

Reactions: JPT
So a little over 2 hours before the Death Stranding uuh.. Director's Cut new trailer, here's a couple of short videos with a rundown with (most of?) the links, coincidences and irregularities that have been found between Kojima and Blue Box:

One more thing:

- Bluebox is the name for an early phone signaling device for automated dialing
- On August 24th, date of Kojima's birthday, Geoff Keighley starts a phone line for people to send messages and receive automated replies

Could be just another coincidence to add to the pile of hundreds we have so far.

No comprendo.

I think that's the point (if there is one lol) ;)

Geoff Keighley is cracking completely every time he mentions the "Death Stranding Trailer" and keeps saying "it almost feels like an entirely new game".

So a little under 2 hours until moving onto the next conspiracy when this specific one turns out to be nothing...

Back