Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

If they want to emulate the vehicles from a Tribes game, I would hope it was more like the original and less like Vengeance.
I actually think Tribes 2 was the best of the lot. Vengeance was good graphics wise compared to T2 but T2's MP Gameplay was so much better.

I actually think Tribes 2 was the best of the lot. Vengeance was good graphics wise compared to T2 but T2's MP Gameplay was so much better.
I'm actually more a fan of Vengeance's multiplayer, but it's vehicles were pretty limited compared to earlier games in the series.

I think MS is committed to evolving Halo MP into whatever it needs to be. Arena style FPS might have more appeal than people think. It'll be up to the marketplace to decide.

Halo doesn't necessarily have to be good enough to compete with CoD and $70 FPS' etc... just good enough to entice people to GamePass. Another piece of the puzzle...

The MP test looked super fun and got mostly rave reviews on an old build. Things are looking up for the franchise finally.

I think MS is committed to evolving Halo MP into whatever it needs to be. Arena style FPS might have more appeal than people think. It'll be up to the marketplace to decide.

Halo doesn't necessarily have to be good enough to compete with CoD and $70 FPS' etc... just good enough to entice people to GamePass. Another piece of the puzzle...

The MP test looked super fun and got mostly rave reviews on an old build. Things are looking up for the franchise finally.
The multiplayer will be free, so it isn't going to drive people to gamepass, except that maybe they will add cosmetics as GPU perks.

I agree but A) it's MP (are there ANY great looking multiplayer FPS B) on Xbox Series I believe it is 120 hz? Thats ridiculously demanding. RIDICULOUSLY.

Edit: yep just double checked some YT FPS tests. It runs in ~120 FPS on Series. That's nuts, and you really cant compare it to 60 let alone 30 FPS games. It's 2/4X as demanding. Then add on it's MP, it's based on the Xbox One, the hurdles just stack up.

I dont like it this way, if it was up to me It'd be a ground up 30 FPS Series X title. I dont even want 60 MP or the Series S to exist lol.

I'm sure people complain about PC, but I'm also sure that was based on the Xbox version.

The game graphics will shine if at all in campaign at 60 FPS (which is still double many popular games). This is not the place. I will agree it looks a bit drab for my tastes here though.

Anyways people seem to be liking this, guess I should have tried to get in. They seemed to be taking lots of people. I'm just not into Halo MP historically so I didn't want to mess with it or take a spot from someone who could give actual feedback.
Battlefield and Battlefront games, Unreal Tournament games.

I agree but A) it's MP (are there ANY great looking multiplayer FPS B) on Xbox Series I believe it is 120 hz? Thats ridiculously demanding. RIDICULOUSLY.

Edit: yep just double checked some YT FPS tests. It runs in ~120 FPS on Series. That's nuts, and you really cant compare it to 60 let alone 30 FPS games. It's 2/4X as demanding. Then add on it's MP, it's based on the Xbox One, the hurdles just stack up.
Yes 120fps is hard but really do you expect it to not be?
Dont a lot of shooters on the xbox one run at 60fps, like call of duty etc, if you take any of those and stick them on the series X they should easily run at 120fps without tweaks, hell even something at 30fps would prolly run at 120fps with some tweaks.

actually just had a google, seems its very common playing last gen games @ 120fps
https://www.windowscentral.com/list-xbox-series-x-and-s-games-120-fps-support

Again, for being a MP focussed game, its probably one of the better looking ones so far. Not bad at all.

I am with you on this, i know halo infinite gets lot of crap about how bad it looks. But i play a lot MP games, xsx and pc and different ones as well (CS, D2, cod, BF, Titanfall2, apex, quake etc) and honestly i think it looks good. The overall image quality improved a lot from the infamous demo, and now it has good clean look. Its not a graphical showcase of what next gen can achieve but not all games has to be.
Everyone who played beta praised it about how good it feels and how good it plays. Even DF talked a lot about how much better the game looks now.
Its impossible to please everyone.

I am with you on this, i know halo infinite gets lot of crap about how bad it looks. But i play a lot MP games, xsx and pc and different ones as well (CS, D2, cod, BF, Titanfall2, apex, quake etc) and honestly i think it looks good. The overall image quality improved a lot from the infamous demo, and now it has good clean look. Its not a graphical showcase of what next gen can achieve but not all games has to be.
Everyone who played beta praised it about how good it feels and how good it plays. Even DF talked a lot about how much better the game looks now.
Its impossible to please everyone.

The people shitting on this one arent even going to play it.

Not a flying gun. It's called the Grappleshot & it's wrist mounted. There already is aim assist, but depending on who you ask they may tell you it's barely there or too much. I suspect 343 will fine tune it some more based on feedback.

Tommy McClain

The footage is being sped up and slown down
It could be, cause the first time ~0:17 (I was thinking its due to the rocketlauncher shot but maybe it is cause they are translating to another clip) and also at the end (so perhaps it was also changing to another clip)
though in both places it seems to be with large alpha particles

It could be, cause the first time ~0:17 (I was thinking its due to the rocketlauncher shot but maybe it is cause they are translating to another clip) and also at the end (so perhaps it was also changing to another clip)
though in both places it seems to be with large alpha particles
Believe me - it is the clip being slowed down. You can tell due to game speed change.

Yes you're right, I had a look at another clip on youtube and couldnt really see any big slowdown
Isnt this game just quake3 arena?

Back