XGI denies ATI will buy it out

XGI denies ATI will buy it out

Fevered speculation

By INQUIRER staff: Wednesday 17 March 2004, 08:25

RECENTLY THERE was a rumour that upset investors when someone stated that ATI is very interesting in acquiring XGI - company only recently fledged.
Well this story apparently doesn’t have legs but someone heard it half right just misjudged something.

SIS still has a graphics integrated chipset business and quite a lot of graphics patents and those could be interesting to ATI.

XGI told us it is standing proud and independent.

ATI and SIS are unlikely to comment on these speculations but we will keep open our ears unplugged tomorrow when we reach Hanover, and the famous trade show CeBIT in the fairground.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14763

digitalwanderer said:
I was leaning more towards ATi getting SiS anyways, getting XGI don't make a whole lot of sense.
But SiS is now controlled by (and effectively part of) UMC and though they produce some of ATi's lower-end, I just can't see how that'll work out.

cu

incurable

I am wondering what XGIs next chipset will be. It seems strange that XGI is only targetting European market atm..

But the ATI and XGI thing, Never added up to me. Tho I have a hard time believing Sis, Which is a strong company right now, Has any need to sell. or Desire too.

Back