The next Silent Hill game?

Roger Cobb

Regular
I miss Silent Hill so much, but pretty much all of the post Team Silent era games are dog muck. For example, that one where you played the former soldier looking for his brother, Josh, was terrible.

The gameplay was extremely clunky and it was hard not to fight off all of the enemies you met with, as the hallways were deliberately claustrophobic, to where you could not comfortably get by the nurses. It was also a nuisance trying hard not to take damage, as healing items were very rare too. I remember that by the time I got to the doll boss, Scarlet, I would be nearly out of supplies because of the prior section in the sewers, with the giant mantis like creatures. Boy, was that difficult!?

In that game, the nurses were actually able to kill you very easily, while in the previous games, they felt mostly bog standard. But that's because they tried to copy the 2006 film.

Then we had Downpour, where there was no bosses whatsoever, besides one at the end. The game did allow you to use a lot of weapons like wrenches and chairs, but most of the guns were locked away in safes.

Yet none of the games ever really had bad storylines. It was just that playing them wasn't always any real "fun" to me.

Soo.. is my post above going back to the Abandoned thread when that one is finally revealed as a Silent Hill game?

If it turns out to be that, why not?

But I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to just be people jumping in on the "joke" like what Half-Life 3 has become. :)

That said, I'd be up for a real Silent Hill game (more like the original than the sequels) or inspired game.

Regards,
SB

loooool these guys are playing with us.

Its funny that the sponsor is also called "bloober" after the Konami "blooper" :LOL::LOL:

Yeah. This is getting silly.

I hope they realize if Konami is truly involved and they denied this is the case, then that's called LYING to people. :D

I hope they realize if Konami is truly involved and they denied this is the case, then that's called LYING to people. :D

Well no one is prohibited from lying for marketing purposes, especially if it's about a videogame release. And if this happened for Phantom Pain then anything is valid:

Well no one is prohibited from lying for marketing purposes, especially if it's about a videogame release. And if this happened for Phantom Pain then anything is valid:

I wonder who was the actual person behind the bandage wrap btw :LOL:

Is all of this circumstancial evidence real or just someone's idea of trolling? Either way, it seems to be working for them. :D

Ah, so Bloober Team tweeted about Konami, only to remove it. Because I mean, they totally didn't join Konami to work on a series they admitted they like, right? :p

Plus, The Medium has a lot of Silent Hill vibes in general. So this is really not a funny coincidence.

Everything looks so random and deliberate. Why stick a random stock asset unrelated to the game in the background? And one with an eyepatch that coincidentally reminds us of Big Boss?
Lets forget about MGS for a second.
Sticking a generic stock asset in the background just to "promote" your thing sounds like the thing is made by unprofessionals whose work is questionable let alone promote their software in such a special way by Sony

Why stick a random stock asset unrelated to the game in the background? And one with an eyepatch that coincidentally reminds us of Big Boss?

The Art of the Grift...

Back