Oculus Quest | Meta Quest 2

Thats really promising, wireless is clearly the future of VR. Does it have any compromises in terms of image quality, frame rate or latency compared to the tethered connection?

frame rate no downgrade, latency is a bit laggier (very little tho), image quality practically no difference in gameplay (and sometimes kinda visible of compression artifacts if on dark but detailed areas and I just stare instead of playing the game)

Apparently AirLink is only available on the Quest 2, which means you are absolutely required to sell your soul to FaceBook in order to use it.

My original Oculus and I will continue using VirtualDesktop.

even worse! I've given mine for free :(
they didnt pay me

heck, I PAY them with quest 2 :( :(

Well the Quest 2 is pretty amazing value compared to many other VR sets … I use it standalone 99% of the time.

Well the Quest 2 is pretty amazing value compared to many other VR sets … I use it standalone 99% of the time.

the game is ridiculously expensive due to FB not doing regional pricing while Steam does, oculus also didnt allow purchase thru various local payment. So I use it 99% as PCVR and its amazing hahaha.

btw turns out oculus quest piracy is pretty rampant in the high seas. hopefully they will follow gabe's philosophy, thus provides proper payment methods and pricing for various regions.

Open issue on latest amd drivers
    • An Oculus service error may be received on Radeon RX 5000 & 6000 series graphics products which prevents the Oculus Link setup software from running.

I've just picked up a Quest 2, does anyone have any recommendations for sites or YouTube channels who offer quality reviews on Quest games?

I've just picked up a Quest 2, does anyone have any recommendations for sites or YouTube channels who offer quality reviews on Quest games?

Winning Eleven Table Tennis, Beat Saber, SuperHot are some must play titles if you have never played them and are games almost everyone, make or female, gamer or non-gamer, wil enjoy, will give almost no-one ever any discomfort, etc.

The rest depends on the type of game you like and how solid your VR legs end up being. :)

Oh and Thrill of the Fight if you even remotely think you’d like boxing.

Thanks, I had already played Beat Saber, so bought that. Just played the Super Hot demo which seems pretty cool. But would just like to find some decent resources for game reviews. I'm surprised the likes of GameSpot don't seem to cover VR much. I found the YouTube channel GetHip which seems quite reputable, but it's not a dedicated games review channel.

Thanks, I had already played Beat Saber, so bought that. Just played the Super Hot demo which seems pretty cool. But would just like to find some decent resources for game reviews. I'm surprised the likes of GameSpot don't seem to cover VR much. I found the YouTube channel GetHip which seems quite reputable, but it's not a dedicated games review channel.

beat saber also supports custom song, and any youtube video can be transformed into beat saber via https://beatsage.com/

btw try use https://sidequestvr.com/ there area tons of amazing experimental stuff. My favourite is the Mixed Reality piano for dummies

Barely played the game when i had bought it for the Gamecube back in the day, i'm having a blast in VR now. Yes it's a lot easier with free movement but that's so satisfying. Graphics are old for sure, but in high res it's still very pleasant.

Last edited:
It looks fun. I suppose "RE4 Ultimate HD Edition" is the basis for it? But I saw lots of VR customizations in the videos I've watched. It looks great for something running on a Snapdragon. They would sell a bazillion copies if they had gone with SteamVR too. I imagine it only exists because Oculus footed the bill though.

Back