Anybody here going to Quakecon this year?

digitalwanderer said:
Joe DeFuria said:
Doom3 not mentioned in any official capacity?

I guess iD is not confident it'll "be done" by then.
You mean Doom3 won't be ready or the nV40 won't be ready? :|

Heh...actually, mid to late August is about the time we should be hearing about the NV40 "refresh." If NV40 ain't out by then, nVidia will have pretty much missed an entire cycle.

I'm hopeful that NV40 won't be that late...but that would probably mean either Doom3 coupons, or Doom3 bundled with some other cards later in the year.

digitalwanderer said:
I would, but I'm kind of avoiding Texas right now. :?

It's safe now, the river dwelling hillbilly butt rapists have mostly been caught. ;)

Seriously, what scares you - it's not quite as lawless and buck wild as the media portrays. When I moved here I was scared to death of what unspeakable barbarism awaited me, but mostly it's just boring.

digitalwanderer said:
The Baron said:
Hey Brent, you want to fly me out there? :D
He'll only do it if you take me and Bubbles with as a carry-on... ;)
You fit in Bubbles?

To be honest, I'd kinda like to go, but we'll see when El Collegio starts. Plus, Dothan laptop > Quakecon, and funds will probably be limited.

how does security work around such a big lan party. Id love to go, but would hate to have my stuff stolen if i go to the bathroom. I got myself a sff and it wouldnt take too long for someone to just walk away with it.

On a side note, how stinky does it get there. ;)

later,
epic

epicstruggle said:
how does security work around such a big lan party. Id love to go, but would hate to have my stuff stolen if i go to the bathroom. I got myself a sff and it wouldnt take too long for someone to just walk away with it.

On a side note, how stinky does it get there. ;)

later,
epic

LOL I don't even want to think about that last question.

epicstruggle said:

Good question. Personally I'd be welding a bike chain to me pc and installing a padlock on the case so no one could steal parts, if I didn't just strap it on my back and carry it to the bathroom with me. (On second thought, I'd probably take it with me....I don't trust people much and I'm a bit psycho attached to my PC. :? )

WRT Security, I've been going to Quakecon for 4 years now, this year will be my 5th year, Nothing, I repeat, Nothing has been stolen from the BYOC each year.

They have a real police officer that is at the main entrance to the BYOC 24/7.

They check your bags as you enter the BYOC each time.

Nobody has left the BYOC missing any of their stuff.

I always leave my PC, keyboard, mouse, there when i go up to the room to sleep each night, and the next morning everything is still there.

I do take my CD's and Headphones up with me each night though.

At checkout time you can only leave the BYOC with the hardware that you came in with.

digitalwanderer said:
Do they have monitor rental there? If so how much and what kind of quality?

Yes, they usually get a company to come out there and rent monitors, all sizes, 17", 19", 21"

I don't know what the prices will be yet this year, it hasn't been announced.

I might see you Brent. I live in Garland TX and might be able to go this year. I know some of the companys that rent the monitors there and most are 17" used dell trinatrons.

Back