Scarlet Nexus [PC] - the first PC drm free AAA game since launch?

What do you mean by first DRM free AAA game? Since launch of what?

By virtue of being on Steam, doesn't that mean it has DRM? Also it's hardly the first AAA game to be released DRM free. CDPR might argue with that.

the steam DRM is optional according to the linked pcgamingwiki. Simply writing its appid and the steam drm is deactivated.

about CDPR, isnt their game got DRM? for example for cyberpunk, i cant launch it without epic launcher

EDIT

lol i forgot GOG. yes, all CPRG games launch day 1 on GOG and its drm free

the steam DRM is optional according to the linked pcgamingwiki. Simply writing its appid and the steam drm is deactivated.
So it didn't launch without DRM, it requires some file to be written with the user having to find that out and apply it. And did the publisher announce this? Or is this some hack someone discovered? Does that trick work on other Steam titles?

since launch of the game, its drm free

Any game that launches on GoG (like Cyberpunk 2077 or The Witcher 3) is DRM free because they don't allow games with DRM on their storefront. It's one of the main reasons they can't fully compete with Steam. But it's also one of the main reasons that they can compete with Steam in the first place since it is something that many gamers value.

So, it's not the first, I'm afraid. :)

Regards,
SB

Any game that launches on GoG (like Cyberpunk 2077 or The Witcher 3) is DRM free because they don't allow games with DRM on their storefront. It's one of the main reasons they can't fully compete with Steam. But it's also one of the main reasons that they can compete with Steam in the first place since it is something that many gamers value.

So, it's not the first, I'm afraid. :)

Regards,
SB
yeah i totally forgot with gog's existence

So it didn't launch without DRM, it requires some file to be written with the user having to find that out and apply it. And did the publisher announce this? Or is this some hack someone discovered? Does that trick work on other Steam titles?

dunno how this switch was found out, pcgamingwiki didnt mention the how. this switch is not available in other steam titles AFAIK

Back