Ghost of Tsushima [PS4], Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut [PS4, PS5]

They state the reason for PS5 having japanese lip syncing is due to it's ability to render cinematics in real-time... were the PS4 versions cinematics pre-rendered?

Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut will launch on August 20 for $70 USD on PS5 and $60 USD on PS4.

If you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4:
  • You can pre-order an upgrade to Director’s Cut on PS4 for $20 USD. This upgrade will become available starting on August 20.
Starting on August 20:
  • If you bought Director’s Cut PS4, you’ll be able to upgrade to Director’s Cut PS5 at any time for $10 USD
  • You can also upgrade directly (from original Ghost of Tsushima PS4) to Director’s Cut on PS5 for $30 USD

i guess only the intro and maybe ending were FMV on PS4, the majority of cutscenes were realtime, as you were wearing your custom gear in them.

Lol @ Sony. So they're gonna do "Director's Cut" Releases to squeeze more money out of customers.
I'm also not a fan of this so I won't buy it. Publishers will do what sells and Director Cuts and Definitive Editions do seem sell on all platforms, Microsoft do them, Nintendo do them and Sony do them.

I'm clearly in the minority.

Seriously guys?

GOT got a FREE PS5 update, a FREE DLC with a whole multiplayer mode, it launched perfectly unlike so many other games.

They now are releasing a paid DLC which is an extension of the story with a whole new island.

You can buy the DLC, or you can buy this Director’s
Cut (original game plus this DLC) if you don’t already have the game.

You also don’t have to buy this DLC, or the whole game, so feel free to direct your outrage elsewhere!

$30 to go from PS4 GoT to PS5 GoT: DC.

$20 to go from PS4 GoT to PS4 GoT: DC.

$10 to go from PS4 GoT: DC to PS5 GoT: DC.

i come from a time when director's cut versions would not offer you the choice of upgrading your old game, you'd either buy the new one full price or don't buy anything at all.

Seriously guys?

GOT got a FREE PS5 update, a FREE DLC with a whole multiplayer mode, it launched perfectly unlike so many other games.

They now are releasing a paid DLC which is an extension of the story with a whole new island.

You also don’t have to buy this DLC, or the whole game, so feel free to direct your outrage elsewhere!
Yeah it’s just a different way to present DLC

Seriously guys?

A free enhanced BC mode. The PS5 version is not free. This is the thread for the game, right? Where else should we talk about it?

30$ not terrible tough how long will be this new mission on new island, probably not longer than hivebusters so around 3h ? so little dissapointed as I thought it will be standalone game like miles or lost legacy.

Last edited:
When I can fairly easily get a PS5, I will get the Directors Cut. This way of doing things with the PS5 and upgrades not being free is how I expected things to go. As they were with PS4 remasters of PS3 games. But everyone said no, that there will be free patches for all the major PS4 games coming to PS5 "because Sony is going from x86 Jaguar to x86 Zen with PS4 to PS5". "it's not like Cell Processor to x86 architecture so they won't charge for patches or full remasters" blah blah blah.

Microsoft HAS to make upgrades free when you have the better hardware. They're still trying rebuild the Xbox brand after all the costly miscalculations, absolute fuckery that was Xbox in 2013, the immense damage that Don Mattrick did to and was allowed to do with Xbox in the years 4?years leading upto Xbox One's launch. The second half of Xbox 360's long 8 year cycle.

When I can fairly easily get a PS5, I will get the Directors Cut. This way of doing things with the PS5 and upgrades not being free is how I expected things to go. As they were with PS4 remasters of PS3 games. But everyone said no, that there will be free patches for all the major PS4 games coming to PS5 "because Sony is going from x86 Jaguar to x86 Zen with PS4 to PS5". "it's not like Cell Processor to x86 architecture so they won't charge for patches or full remasters" blah blah blah.

Microsoft HAS to make upgrades free when you have the better hardware. They're still trying rebuild the Xbox brand after all the costly miscalculations, absolute fuckery that was Xbox in 2013, the immense damage that Don Mattrick did to and was allowed to do with Xbox in the years 4?years leading upto Xbox One's launch. The second half of Xbox 360's long 8 year cycle.
My upgrade was free, I think you're reading it wrong...as I said, they could have just flat rate sold the game for £70 but instead they are offering the option.

and thats the case ? we got free 60fps patches to lou2, ghost of tsushima, ff7r, gow, ratchet, infamous, until dawn, days gone and many 3rd party games

Back