Hideo Kojima and Microsoft Xbox partnership reaches key milestone [2021-07]

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend
https://venturebeat.com/2021/07/01/hideo-kojimas-deal-with-xbox-reaches-key-milestone/
Hideo Kojima and Microsoft have signed a letter of intent that states the two parties intend to work out the details on a publishing agreement for a new Xbox game, according to sources familiar with the matter. This is a key step in the negotiations between the Metal Gear Solid creator and the Xbox company. This signifies that both parties have agreed to a generalized deal while lawyers continue hashing out the finer points.

Microsoft and Kojima’s teams have spent months discussing a possible partnership, and now it is more likely than ever that those conversations will bear fruit. The deal is so close that Microsoft has begun preparing for what Kojima will need to make his new game.

So... he Abandoned other plans?

He said in famistu intervirew Kojima Productions will work on multiples titles. This cloud based game was supposed to release on Stadia and it was cancelled when Stadia stop internal effort.

There is at least one other new title out of Death Stranding director cut and Xcloud exclusive project.

Unsure what cloud means in respect to this and xbox.
Something like
Crackdown
MS Flight Sim
Or
Cloud enabled which for xbox means that the game was coded with xcloud in mind therefore good touch functionality etc, but still runs on consoles.

Assuming one of the first 2.
Xcloud doesn't scale the same way stadia does, so could be using azzure not xcloud for the cloud part, xcloud used when doing streaming.

Others rumors point to this being an episodic game series for Stadia that Sony wasn't interested in.

A few weeks ago Kojima posted something on social media about making games a different way, so the cloud component might be crucial for his idea, whatever that is.

Everything I read was Cloud only, but with xbox.com/play it can be played anywhere.

Tommy McClain
But that's using xcloud blades, and since as far as I'm aware there not elastic so could run on XS consoles also.

Could see a crackdown or ms fight sim type of usage or dedicated servers though.

Guess whatever it is, will be years away.

But that's using xcloud blades, and since as far as I'm aware there not elastic so could run on XS consoles also.

Could see a crackdown or ms fight sim type of usage or dedicated servers though.

Guess whatever it is, will be years away.

Didn't they just announce this week that they upgraded the data centers to the Series X blades? Up till now they only had One S blades. The Series X hardware is way more capable than the Stadia hardware was.

Tommy McClain

Didn't they just announce this week that they upgraded the data centers to the Series X blades? Up till now they only had One S blades. The Series X hardware is way more capable than the Stadia hardware was.

Tommy McClain
My point is that stadia is elastic (can combine multiple instances), xcloud as far as I know isn't.
If you have a game running on XSX xcloud then it should be able to run on XSS & XSS consoles.

So use azzure backend servers
XSX xcloud to stream, XSX|S consoles for local play, but using azzure/cloud on back end for both.

The only real difference is what plan to do on the azzure servers. But I think due to the way the information is coming out people think it's using xcloud when probably creative use of normal azzure backend servers.

Last edited:
What bonkers premise is coming next?

Probably a theme on disinformation that’s so prevalent today.

It will probably be a game where half the game NPCs think they’re living through an apocalypse while other half thinks they have entered an age of utopia. All while living in the same space.

LOL

This is the sort of thing I mean when I talk about using the cloud.
Using azure servers, playfab tech stack, and xcloud/XS/PC's still used to render and run the game.

Back