Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

"has been trained to ascend to higher levels of consciousness and politeness."

That's actually hilarious.

Housemarque is another one of those why-didn't-this-happen-before acquisitions. With the odd recent exception (Nex Machina), they've been mostly been PlayStation exclusive for the best part of a decade.

I hope Sony keeps doing this kind of thing. Buy single devs they have a close relation to and are largely exclusive anyway so they can provide stability to devs and not take away from Xbox or Nintendo.

Maybe it's cause they don't have MS wallet but it's fine by me. Either do this or build studios from scratch.

If Sony tried to buy square for example I'd have to break something. Luckily it seems SE don't want to be bought

It just seems that Sony likes to take their time, let some smaller studios release a game or two, or more, then see if the relationship works well. Probably why we go “how did this not happen before” when they buy these studios.

Look at Insomniac, they were good before but look at them now. While not every studio will want to grow to that size, it does feel that it’s a quite organic at Sony. Just a different strategy which has worked very well for them so far.

It just seems that Sony likes to take their time, let some smaller studios release a game or two, or more, then see if the relationship works well. Probably why we go “how did this not happen before” when they buy these studios.

Look at Insomniac, they were good before but look at them now. While not every studio will want to grow to that size, it does feel that it’s a quite organic at Sony. Just a different strategy which has worked very well for them so far.
Yeah, it's a really good way to ensure you're all on the same page...a good move.

Money is to be made on software and their current pc strategy also points to new buyouts in the future. Right now they only need a unified strategy for their online services. My guess is that they will go for the EA access model, basic membership covers access to online mode, ps plus games + discounts and a premium membership to access new games from day 1 and even maybe PSNow. Basic will probably move to 6-7€ a month and the premium one will be sold at least at 15€ month. Less probably makes them lose money.

OK, quick question here as I didn't want to make a new post and I haven't been keeping up with this thread.

A friend of mine is asking me if the PS5 can use external NVME drives yet. Can it? It's now been almost 8 months since launch and I kind of remember someone saying it should be enabled in June or something? So is it working now? I'm assuming it must be, right? But I don't want to tell him it is or isn't without making sure.

I couldn't find anything with a quick search on the internet (my internet search-fu isn't the greatest sometimes).

Regards,
SB

OK, quick question here as I didn't want to make a new post and I haven't been keeping up with this thread.

A friend of mine is asking me if the PS5 can use external NVME drives yet. Can it? It's now been almost 8 months since launch and I kind of remember someone saying it should be enabled in June or something? So is it working now? I'm assuming it must be, right? But I don't want to tell him it is or isn't without making sure.

I couldn't find anything with a quick search on the internet (my internet search-fu isn't the greatest sometimes).

Regards,
SB

Out of luck, he's stuck with 800gb worth of storage.

Regards,
SB
Not working yet they said we'll get news about it in summer so probably at PSX
I'm not 100% sure about the question, It can use them for storing games only via a USB adapter.

Back