AMD Radeon RDNA2 Navi (RX 6500, 6600, 6700, 6800, 6900 XT)

Mining is finally on the decline but that still won't solve the overall everything shortage.
Think G6 spot prices are going up too.
If/when miners start dumping all their GPUs in the 2nd hand channels at lower prices then it might.

DRAM or caps or substrates are one for all unless you're some kinda Intel-tier IDM and have substrates in-house.
Either way N22 kinda exists; idk what your point is even.
Perhaps maybe implying that Sony will still be hogging most of the chips from AMD, being that is the only difference to Nvidia, as you well stated.

We were trying to make sense of what DegustatoR said, because it didn't make sense. The market conditions affect both equally. The only difference between AMD and Nvidia are the clients and contracts.

We were trying to make sense of what DegustatoR said, because it didn't make sense. The market conditions affect both equally. The only difference between AMD and Nvidia are the clients and contracts.
The only difference worth talking about right now is the factory.

I've given up on this generation.

I decided give Red Team a punt this time rather than Green Team as they are playing silly buggers.

But I can't find either so I'm going to wait for RX7800XT and GTX4080 to see what looks good at that time. In the meantime I'm going to keep my money, they seem to have enough of other peoples to keep them going.
given the fact that you are saving the money, and your motivation is to choose a new GPU some time down the line, then you can also wait for Intel. They promoted Raja Koduri to a better position in the company, which shows their commitment with GPUs.

Like you, I am still undecided, but the only thing I am sure of is that be it from nVidia, AMD or Intel, the next GPU I am buying is the most efficient one, in power consumption/performance ratio. That's the ONLY thing I care the most when buying my next GPU.

For now, AMD has the best GPUs for my taste, but I have time, so.....

Last edited:
This night there was a liquid devil available for paltry $1450 (with 20% VAT), I almost jumped the gun. Hopefully we'll get to something close to MSRP before the monster N31 is released

We're almost 9 months away from release though.
At this point, unless I can get a Navi 21 or GA102 for a sizeable discount below MSRP, I'll probably hold on to my Vega 64 for another 8 months and get a Navi 31 / Lovelace instead.

I refuse getting de facto scalped by AMD, Nvidia, distributors and retailers.

Back