CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Sony can't resist the money anymore. CP2077 coming back to the PlayStation Store.

Cyberpunk 2077 Returns to the PlayStation Store, But Sony Says Base PS4 Version Still Has Issues [Update] - IGN

"SIE can confirm that Cyberpunk 2077 will be re-listed on PlayStation Store starting June 21, 2021. Users will continue to experience performance issues with the PS4 edition while CD Projekt Red continues to improve stability across all platforms. SIE recommends playing the title on PS4 Pro or PS5 for the best experience."

In short, it's still potentially bad on the base PS4, but Sony want that money while CDPR continue to work on it. :p

Regards,
SB

In short, it's still potentially bad on the base PS4, but Sony want that money while CDPR continue to work on it. :p

I'm sure there are million of PS4 owners desperate to buy CD Projekt Red's interactive PowerPoint presentation for their console. The ones who didn't already buy it from bargain bins for £15.

I think that June is when the next big patch is due although CDPR have gone über quiet on that front.

It's still far worse on the base Xbox One. Microsoft should have followed Sony's lead and removed the game from the store. The optics on this are that Sony looks out for its user base and Microsoft doesn't.

Microsoft did offer refunds for anybody unhappy. I wonder if their publishing deal with CD Projekt Red inhibited their ability to remove the game from sale - assuming they even wanted too.

It's still far worse on the base Xbox One. Microsoft should have followed Sony's lead and removed the game from the store.
The optics on this are that Sony looks out for its user base and Microsoft doesn't.

They put a big buyer beware warning on it in the storefront. Why remove it from the store if a lot of people still want to play it? And anyone that didn't like their experience got a refund if they wanted one.

I'm sure if returns were really high then they would have removed it from the store. But as seen with reviews of the physical copy on Amazon, most people that bought it were quite happy with the game (4-5 star) with people that were unhappy (1-2 star) being in the minority. Which says something considering that people are far more likely to leave a review if they've had a bad experience than if they have a good experience. Even the PS4 version had the majority of buyers happy with it on Amazon, however, less than for the Xbox version. I have a post about it with the percentages about a week or two after Sony removed it from the PS store.

So, if the majority of people that buy the game enjoy their experience, bugs and all, why remove the option for them to play the game?

Also, is the XBO version really the worst considering that they had to remove things from the PS4 version for it to run acceptably where those things are still in the XBO version?

Regards,
SB

Also, is the XBO version really the worst considering that they had to remove things from the PS4 version for it to run acceptably where those things are still in the XBO version?

Digital Foundry say yes. I'm not sure if reviews really tell you much, if you ignore the bugs, glitches and crashes which was affected all versions of the game, the performance on current gen consoles are pretty solid (60fps) and even the PS4 Pro and One X were not terrible - and you don't know how many of those reviewers were using non-2013 hardware.

...and you don't know how many of those reviewers were using non-2013 hardware.

Very true. So either people buy it anyway and like it (most of them). Buy it and regret it (significant number but still a minority). Or research it ahead of time and don't buy it (unknown number).

At least if you get it digitally, it's easy to get a refund (at least on Xbox), so removing the digital version makes the least sense if the majority of buyers enjoy the game regardless of the bugs.

I mean if the situation was flipped and most people that buy the game don't like it (1-2 star on a 5 star scale), then yeah, maybe don't sell them to people ... you know like Life of Black Tiger. :p I can't think of a similarly bad title on the Xbox store (there must be one), otherwise I'd include an example on that store also. :p

Although even then, if reviews accompany a game (like on Steam) then leave it for the few people that want to get it as a joke or for those that might like it for whatever reason.

Regards,
SB

Via Eurogamer

"SIE can confirm that Cyberpunk 2077 will be re-listed on PlayStation Store starting June 21, 2021. Users will continue to experience performance issues with the PS4 edition while CD Projekt Red continues to improve stability across all platforms. SIE recommends playing the title on PS4 Pro or PS5 for the best experience."​

So this is about making the game more accessible to people who have PlayStation hardware on which Cyberpunk sucks less. I bet it's still cheaper to pickup from the bargain bin.

Digital Foundry say yes. I'm not sure if reviews really tell you much, if you ignore the bugs, glitches and crashes which was affected all versions of the game, the performance on current gen consoles are pretty solid (60fps) and even the PS4 Pro and One X were not terrible - and you don't know how many of those reviewers were using non-2013 hardware.
I know the Xbox One version ran worse, but I think the crash to dashboard was more common for more point releases on PS4. Even Pro had them up through 1.2 from what I understand.

I don't actually think it being relisted to PSN has anything to do with the state of the game, because I don't think it's delisting ever had anything to do with the state of the game. I take this as a sign that some of the DLC is soon to be released. Not in a few days or anything, but I'd imagine after it's return to PSN, we'll get an announcement about some DLC. Does anyone know if you can sell DLC on PSN if your game is not listed/sold on PSN?

I know the Xbox One version ran worse, but I think the crash to dashboard was more common for more point releases on PS4. Even Pro had them up through 1.2 from what I understand.
This I can believe, it crashed frequently on PS5. I can't remember which patch I was on when I decided to wait for the full nextgen version.

I don't actually think it being relisted to PSN has anything to do with the state of the game, because I don't think it's delisting ever had anything to do with the state of the game. I take this as a sign that some of the DLC is soon to be released. Not in a few days or anything, but I'd imagine after it's return to PSN, we'll get an announcement about some DLC. Does anyone know if you can sell DLC on PSN if your game is not listed/sold on PSN?

Could be, the free DLC is well overdue.

anyone on console, does patch 1.3 brings a bunch of NEW bugs?

I'm on PC and i got these
  1. 1. stuck on "arms stretched out" animation and i slither along the road. Jump and everything back to normal.
  2. 2. stuck on "jacking and hacking" animation and the game basically stuck
  3. 3. Heavy culling (almost as bad as Ghost of Tsushima) resulting in seeing the skybox on edge of screen when turning fast in some places
  4. LOAD screen no longer work if opened after saving. Need to let some time pass or go back to main menu.
  5. NPC cars are way more aggressive at crashing into me on the road
  6. Non-lethal gun become lethal (the NPC still didnt die, just wiggling left and right, but the dialogue prompt says i killed them)
  7. map pathing is too cheap (can be seen on turns)
  8. random important NPC in the world (marked as green) doing nothing (in a stopped car in the middle of road, simply standing, etc)
  9. Using the medkit makes NPCs panick
other than those bugs, the game do became much lighter. and the random stutter is eliminated except when going back to gameplay after viewing the map.

Back