Abandoned

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
Doubt that Konami/Sony would give a "noname" Studio the IP rights.
It's probably just a stunt like they had with the Kojima rumour before.

I really support the idea of more indie (type) games landing on consoles, its been common on Steam. Yes it might be last gen graphics but they usually are priced thereafter aswell.

Why do they tease with S and L, then claim they have nothing to do with the game?
Btw there is nothing about the company in their official websie https://www.blueboxgamestudios.com/

Yes, I don't get why they're setting themselves up for disaster like this.
This isn't very likely at this point, but it could still be a marketing stunt for Silent Hill though, and they could still be working with / under Kojima. It's not like Twitter has "truth-only" guidelines for videogame announcements.

Kojima did exactly that for MGS V. They showed the first Phantom Pain trailer as something completely unrelated to Metal Gear and through a fake dev studio.
EDIT: Here it is. They made up a fake studio called Moby Dick that was supposedly located in Sweden lol:
https://archive.is/PJN48

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I don't get why they're setting themselves up for disaster like this.
This isn't very likely at this point, but it could still be a marketing stunt for Silent Hill though, and they could still be working with / under Kojima. It's not like Twitter has "truth-only" guidelines for videogame announcements.

Kojima did exactly that for MGS V. They showed the first Phantom Pain trailer as something completely unrelated to Metal Gear and through a fake dev studio.
Yeah
It is a strange contradiction. Game does look like an amateurish work and rough. I ve seen Unreal demos by single person work, testing game assets, gameplay mechanics and animations that looked far more impressive and complete. Graphics look like a test rather than a game. Website is too amateurish, feels like a placeholder. There isnt much going on in terms of presentation to deserve praise and strong attention. It looks mediocre. They also make `strong typo's in their announcements. It is like they are suspiciously trying a lot to convince that they are just a few people working on their personal project.
Yet they do tease with S and L, they do have an separate app to show demos and announcements (well, why for this game? It doesnt look that special), they do make a fuss about it being an exclusive on PS5.
I ve seen games inspired by PT by small teams that looked more interesting and appealing.
If it is just an indie game, so far they are trying to heighten excitement for something that isnt much to bother with, which could turn against them.

It is a strange contradiction. Game does look like an amateurish work and rough. I ve seen Unreal demos by single person work, testing game assets, gameplay mechanics and animations that looked far more impressive and complete.

Supposedly, the "actual game" was never shown, that the Abandoned video/demo shown was a ruse. Funny how Blue Box studio is named after the actual PS3-PS5 game case coloring or blue box.

ANYHOW... :LOL:

No HUD on a survival horror and you need to manually check for ammo, that's interesting.

After looking at all the facts, right now I'm convinced the twitter account is straight up lying and they're indeed making Silent Hill with Kojima.
Here's a TL;DR of what's in the playstationlifestyle article @Karamazov linked to, plus a few additions of my own:

• Hideo Kojima used a fake studio when teasing both Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and PT.
  • Kahraman as a blue checkmark on twitter, despite no one having ever heard of him.
  • The studio’s only released game, The Whisperer, was completed by another studio, and its icon is a black handprint (like Death Stranding). They're also credited under a number of Android games but they're now absent from the Play Store and have a handful of downloads each.
  • The Blue Box Game Studios logo is basically the PlayStation Studios logo color-inverted. It's even using the same font.
blubebox.png
  • When the PlayStation Studios logo is shown in a game, it’s illuminated with a blue glow which makes a blue outline around the box the PS logo is in.
  • In the Death Stranding Director’s Cut trailer at Summer Game Fest, Sam Bridges, wearing blue, gets into a cardboard box.
  • The Twitter handle for Blue Box Game Studios is @BBGameStudios, another possible Death Stranding reference. BB is short for Bridge Baby in Death Stranding.
  • The Blue Box YouTube page has a series of hills as the background image.

The evidence just keeps piling up.

Back