Xbox physical game boxes redesign [2021-06]

Looks like they are using cases that are similar to PS4 cases, without the plastic "XBOX" space on top. This probably helps 3rd parties who had to make art for both shaped boxes, and might be cheaper for Microsoft to manufacture as well.

It's under 20, so like most under 20s it doesn't care about disks. :D

True! I just think it makes it difficult for moms & dads looking at the Series S stock & then seeing all the games that only mention Xbox Series X & Xbox One, but no mention of Xbox Series S. Could be confusing that Series S has no games even though it can use discs. The new design makes it seem like there's no possibility of other disc-based Series consoles other than the Series X or otherwise they would have just said Xbox Series. Makes you wonder what the prepaid digital cards look like?

Tommy McClain

True! I just think it makes it difficult for moms & dads looking at the Series S stock & then seeing all the games that only mention Xbox Series X & Xbox One, but no mention of Xbox Series S. Could be confusing that Series S has no games even though it can use discs. The new design makes it seem like there's no possibility of other disc-based Series consoles other than the Series X or otherwise they would have just said Xbox Series. Makes you wonder what the prepaid digital cards look like?

Tommy McClain

The Series S doesn't have a disc drive so it can't use discs ? What are you talking about ?

Why does this remove the possiblity of other disc based Series consoles ? They can update new game box art with whatever new consoles they support in the future. You know like how the games before ps4 pro or xbox one x didn't list those systems because they weren't announced for half a decade ?

Interesting. I take back my stupid comments. LOL

Tommy McClain
its all good different view points bring up discussion.

My guess is that as the generation continues the disc versions of the systems will all carry premiums . I wouldn't be surprised if in the first round of price cuts on microsofts end they don't introduce a discless x to hits a lower price point

Tommy McClain
No disc drive mate :) substantially worse if they buy a disc hoping it works on their nephews series S.

Best to leave it off and focus on function than marketing on this one.

I took the L above ;)

Tommy McClain
Yea, I think it's the first time the issue arrived really.
Typically S and X models had disc drives, so you would be used to seeing both there.

When they released the digital only editions, their names weren't included, for obvious reasons.

For PS5 and PS5 DE, you wouldn't think twice about why the Digital Edition isn't on the box.

But yea, not seeing Series S is jarring because for several years now the S edition had a disc drive.

Back