Battlefield 2042 [PS, XB, PC]

Curious if it's console version to avoid the "Downgrade!" backlash. If it's high-end PC footage, then I would say it's not as cutting edge looking as the series has been.
Possible but I don't think they have ever shown anything other than the PC version in these trailers. I think it looks closer to BF4 than Battlefield One and V. looks very flat/low poly and the excellent tessellation from the latter two seems gutted.

Last edited:
Looks very average graphically, apart from maybe some particle effects. Seems like a focus on previous gen for player counts.

128 players...guess they have to make sure that the game would rune fine if all players are in the same range.
They also promised the best destruction in a BF game ever, they have not showed it yet.

Not the best genre to have the usual tricks to make the game look good (sunsets, high contrast ratios and too many post-process effects). I felt blinded most of the time watching the gameplay video. BFV has serious visibility issues and here it feels even worse.

Also the vehicles. They are core to the BF experience, but are always way-over-powered. It seems here it will be another case of "world of tanks/planes/helis".

^^ The guy who does the popularized the eject out of jet plane to rocket the next jet. His reaction to the BF2042 trailer. Lol so good, now this is a real reaction. The audio cuts out he's so loud lol, you would have thought the guy just won the olympics or 10 million dollars.

his moment is at 3:45.

Last edited:
Back