Death Stranding (DC) [PS4, PS5, PC]

It has way too many MGS references.
So many that I wonder if it's hinting to something or if its just a love message to the fans.
The ambient music is typical MGS2, the special lens flare is MGSV, the area design and camera work is typical MGS, the air duct with the rat is every MGS, the oranges are probably a reference to MGS2's area with the fruit, and the box of cource.....who forgets the box?
And at the end he focuses on the text "handle with love".
Maybe it is Kojima sending his love to all those that loved his games, maybe he made this specifically to give us a taste of MGS gameplay in Death Stranding, probably it is a message to another team making a remake, or probably its a hint that his studio managed to get the rights to make another MGS....or maybe I am thinking too much of it

It looks like these armored guys are guarding bodies btw.

yep looks like an MGS mod for DS

dead bodies in DS are like nukes, so maybe that's why they guarding them and keeping them in some special containers?
Yes. Well....that can be seen as another MGS reference. Like nuclear warheads, used as a deterrent or a means of blackmail or weapon. Maybe the bodies are maintained in some state in these containers were they dont cause a voidout.
It is so MGS in so many ways.

weird, does this mean the original death stranding was kojima being held-back by other people and this one will be full blown kojima?

moar weird stuff, moar headscratching story elements

All it means is Kojima has this cult aura around him of "art-house-cinema-director" and marketing is using that to name what is pretty much a next-gen remaster with maybe some content that was originally cut for time and budget constraints.

Oh god no. What this game did not need more of was Kojima getting to express his inner art house director.

Oh god no. What this game did not need more of was Kojima getting to express his inner art house director.

It's just Kojima being Kojima. You'll get as much extra deliberately stupid as pompous and as much extra game mechanics as that.

The man's the full package!

New @ToTTenTranz I know this isn't quite what you were after, but at least it's here in some capacity.

Hum... sounds like what I was after though?
I'm expecting it'll get the FF7 Remake treatment: whomever has the PS4 game will get the graphics upgrade, but additional content will need a fee.
Given how I already have the PS4 game, I'll keep waiting for the graphics upgrade.

so they did not enhance the graphics.
sad
qQuSom2.gif

Why would they? The game already looks amazing.

Kojima's thoughts on "Director's Cut" naming:

A director's cut in a movie is an additional edit to a shortened version that was either released reluctantly because the director did not have the right to edit it, or because the running time had to be shortened.​

In the game, it is not what was cut, but what was additionally produced that was included. Delector's Plus? So, in my opinion, I don't like to call "director's cut".​

Kojima's thoughts on "Director's Cut" naming:

A director's cut in a movie is an additional edit to a shortened version that was either released reluctantly because the director did not have the right to edit it, or because the running time had to be shortened.​

In the game, it is not what was cut, but what was additionally produced that was included. Delector's Plus? So, in my opinion, I don't like to call "director's cut".​

The man is dissing his own marketing. What a character...

A cheap way to get this on PS5 is buy the PS4 disk version (l managed to get a new copy for £16.95) and then buy the PS5 upgrade from the PS Store for £5 for a total of £21.95. Saves you about £18.

Back