Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Going for the 30fps mode now, could be 'between the ears' or i just want the best possible graphics experience on the first day. Very intense start to begin a game with..... Im abit impatient i want to discover more planets :p
Particle effects (and their details) are amazing aswell.

checked it, definitly 60 rt mode is way to go tough I see more shimering on ratchet face fur vs fidelity when camera is not very close (btw great lod transition)

Going for the 30fps mode now, could be 'between the ears' or i just want the best possible graphics experience on the first day. Very intense start to begin a game with..... Im abit impatient i want to discover more planets :p
Particle effects (and their details) are amazing aswell.
Same. After completing 1st time, I'll switch to RT 60 fps mode to max out weapons and trophies.
Though the PS4 R&C 60fps update did feel sooo good compered to 30fps that I might revisit planets during 1st playthrough and switch to performance mode.

Same. After completing 1st time, I'll switch to RT 60 fps mode to max out weapons and trophies.
Though the PS4 R&C 60fps update did feel sooo good compered to 30fps that I might revisit planets during 1st playthrough and switch to performance mode.

I dont notice the 30fps that much, its just very well done (better then most other 30fps games on console so far), that and im standing still alot. Il take 60fps later, right now i want the best possible graphics to not miss anything out and see what the best graphics on console are all about.

From what i've seen, the game looks good enough to me. They really improved the reflections, they look quite good now. Even the water looks decent finally.

We reached a point where the games simply look good, even though i still don't see a huge leap compared to the previous gen, but they fixed the most important issues : aliasing, lod, geometry, etc.

My only small disappointment is that the game is not locked at 4K on PS5.

Also, the background can look rather blurry sometimes. I don't know if it's an artistic choice or a technical limitation :
https://www.gamersyde.com/video_ratchet_clank_rift_apart_prologue_ps5_4k_-45847_en.html (from 21min53)

Last edited:
From what i've seen, the game looks good enough to me. They really improved the reflections, they look quite good now. Even the water looks decent finally.

We reached a point where the games simply looks good, even though i still don't see a huge leap compared to the previous gen, but they fixed the most important issues : aliasing, lod, geometry, etc.

My only small disappointment is that the game is not locked at 4K on PS5..

Also, the background can look rather blurry sometimes. I don't know if it's an artistic choice or a technical limitation :
https://www.gamersyde.com/video_ratchet_clank_rift_apart_prologue_ps5_4k_-45847_en.html (from 21min53)

You can disable the depth of field in the menu.

EDIT:

Last edited:
IMG20210611112933.jpg

ratchet_clank_riftapa0lj0u.png

ratchet_clank_riftapaodkle.png

Last edited:
It’s been sat on my hard drive for a week just taunting me.

You guys pictures are killing me but still got an hour of work to endure.

That is absolutely fantastic that console games are starting to get some level of PC customization of settings. The inability to turn of the effects that I absolutely hate in game (DOF, Motion Blur, Film Grain, etc.) is one of the reasons I stopped playing games on console. This is a good sign, if all developers start to do this, then it's one less thing that makes consoles unappealing to me as a gaming platform.

Good job, Insomniac!

Regards,
SB

That is absolutely fantastic that console games are starting to get some level of PC customization of settings. The inability to turn of the effects that I absolutely hate in game (DOF, Motion Blur, Film Grain, etc.) is one of the reasons I stopped playing games on console. This is a good sign, if all developers start to do this, then it's one less thing that makes consoles unappealing to me as a gaming platform.

Good job, Insomniac!

Regards,
SB

Nah they're just getting a head start on implementing features for the upcoming PC release... j/k :runaway::runaway::runaway:

I couldn't bloody aim properly on Control at 30hz.

My kids played Miles Morales at 60hz even before the RT 60 mode. They instantly were able to see the difference. I think we're all very frequency sensitive.

I'll play any game at 120hz given the option. Except maybe Borderlands as the resolution or perceivable image quality is way too low on that game.

Aye, aiming was definitely, noticeably worse in 30fps. I would've preferred a 3 tier solution with a lower resolution RT60 mode like Insomniac have settled on - and in future, if resolution is all I need to sacrifice for RT60, I think that'll be my default, especially given the current quality of reconstruction - but I still really enjoyed a playthrough with RT.

I'd already completed it at 30fps on the PS4Pro and already knew I loved it. Making that my first ray traced game was satisfying in how much it fit the aesthetic that I already loved.

R&C is a strong candidate for ray traced game two. But I'm not buying at £70. I can wait.

Back