Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Gearbox/2K) [PS, XB, PC]

AzBat

Agent of the Bat
Legend
Borderlands gets a fantasy spinoff with Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands

A fantasy romp with Will Arnett, Andy Samberg, and Wanda Sykes

Borderlands’ Tiny Tina is getting her own spinoff game, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, Gearbox announced at the Summer Games Fest Kickoff livestream. Gearbox and 2K will launch the fantasy-based shooter in early 2022 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC (via Steam and the Epic Games Store), Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.

In Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, players will build, customize, and control their own characters, and each character can fit into multiple classes. The game will feature the familiar Borderlands gunplay and weaponry with a fantasy setting, letting players blow up dragons with rocket launchers.

Tiny Tina is in charge of her game, and can change the world and setting at will — similar to her D&D-themed expansion for Borderlands 2, Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep. Ashly Burch returns to voice Tiny Tina, alongside new cast members Andy Samberg as Captain Valentine, Wanda Sykes as Frette the robot, and Will Arnett as the Dragon Lord himself.

According to Gearbox founder Randy Pitchford, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands has been in and out of development for over 10 years. “For me, bringing actual Borderlands guns to fight dragons, skeletons, goblins, and more in an original fantasy world imagined by the galaxy’s deadliest thirteen-year-old, Tiny Tina, as a new, full-featured AAA video game is a dream come true,” said Pitchford.

According to Gearbox, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is a full-length adventure and includes a campaign, four-player co-op, and endgame content to keep players engaged.

https://www.polygon.com/22526609/ti...rlands-spinoff-trailer-release-window-details

https://playwonderlands.2k.com/

Tommy McClain

Tiny Tina was the best character with the best DLC in BL2, so color me intrigued. And it's on a platform that I use at launch so color me potentially interested in this at launch if I have time.

Now fingers crossed that they don't screw it up like they did with BL3. Although with Tiny Tina in charge, if they can maintain her BL2 level of humor, then maybe I don't need a good antagonist in the game.

Please please please no social media memes as the antagonist. :p

Regards,
SB

I bought it for PS5 and played the intro/tutorial thing right away. It is fun, has the Borderlands type of humor and Tiny Tina is as Tiny Tina as ever. Coming from a year of playing Vigor, the controls and the game felt very nice and smooth to play, to me at least. I am not very sensitive to low fps and frame pacing, but you often feel things when jumping between games.

This game runs so smooooth on PC. It doing it's shader compilation at the first boot of the game, then you have the smoothest frametime graph. Looking back at these last three months, things haven't been going that well. Dying Light, Elden Ring, Shadow Warrior 3, Ghostwire Tokyo. Now Tina and Lego, both superb and completely smooth.

Back