Battlefield 2042 [PS, XB, PC]

iroboto

Daft Funk
Legend
Supporter
Live stream now.

edit: ? I guess I'm still an hour too early for this thread. They specified 7am PT. So ... ?

Tune in starting June 9, 2021 at 7:00 a.m. PT to watch the live countdown to the reveal of the newest addition to the Battlefield franchise.

?

I dunno. w/e. I was looking forward to hyping myself for pure joy. Unfortunately another hr wait.

Last edited:
It says it's a "before the trailer premier". So they're showing a preview of what is going to be in the trailer? This is just all sorts of stupid.

It says it's a "before the trailer premier". So they're showing a preview of what is going to be in the trailer? This is just all sorts of stupid.

But will it last for 5+ hours?

So it's Battlefield 4 in near future. Trying to draw upon nostalgia but essentially looks like nothing really new.

What the fuck is a tornado doing in the middle of a city?

I can't believe they went with the worse possible music ever. You had one job.

Put in the duh duh duh duhs

and you failed. Hype deflating.

That was a terrible trailer. Aside from the initial intro to the landscape, fuck that was disappointing editing.

Looked awesome. BF4 vibes. No sign of fortnite influence like in BFV.

Hopefully the in-game GUI doesn't look like a focus grouped Android phone Icon pack.

Somewhere, maybe I dreamt it, was mention of 128 player battle modes?

I really cringed when they did the leap-out-of-jet-rpg-enemy-get-back-in-jet in the actual cinematic. They're really desperate. BF4 is still considered one of the last really good Battlefield games though so it should do well and I'll likely play it for awhile, staying away from MTX.

I really cringed when they did the leap-out-of-jet-rpg-enemy-get-back-in-jet in the actual cinematic. They're really desperate. BF4 is still considered one of the last really good Battlefield games though so it should do well and I'll likely play it for awhile, staying away from MTX.
yea it was a bit weird to see a pre-rendered CGI canonize the 'only in battlefield moments'

it's like... imagine Halo Infinite cgi - pre-render where Master Chief goes around tea-bagging everyone.

They really should have released the cgi-pre render story stuff.

the MP stuff could have been separate at a different time. There's a long way to Oct 22.

I can't believe they went with the worse possible music ever. You had one job.

Put in the duh duh duh duhs

and you failed. Hype deflating.

That was a terrible trailer. Aside from the initial intro to the landscape, fuck that was disappointing editing.

Fully agree, BF5 trailer was horrible aswell imo. No atmosphere at all just scripted action non stop. I got headache just by watching it.

Too much fun. Too much particles. Too much players. Too much leaks. Too much improbability. Too much smoke.

Back