List of Self-Imposed Site Restrictions

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Let this be the public thread to list any and all self requested site restrictions. For instance if you have tight deadlines coming up and need to not be drawn into technical threads.

This is a user requested site timeout or vacation. It displays the same as a site ban, but it is by the user's request.

@iroboto 2020-05-27

@manux 2021-06-07

Exactly. It's a user requested site timeout or vacation. It displays the same as a site ban, but it is by their request.

In this first instance, they didn't want to be drawn into continual discussion and researching things until their other projects were completed.

Would it be possible to permanently delete my account so I cannot use beyond3d anymore? No need to remove my post history.

I feel like I have reached the point where I don't want to even have a chance of participating discussion here. This is just a giant waste of time as I'm interested in technology not fanboy this or that. There are better more productive ways for me to use my time. Having my account nuked would help as that would remove the temptation to look back/comment.

Would it be possible to permanently delete my account so I cannot use beyond3d anymore? No need to remove my post history.

I feel like I have reached the point where I don't want to even have a chance of participating discussion here. This is just a giant waste of time as I'm interested in technology not fanboy this or that. There are better more productive ways for me to use my time. Having my account nuked would help as that would remove the temptation to look back/comment.
oh I went through this before. Sometimes good to just take a break from it all like a 3-6 month break.

oh I went through this before. Sometimes good to just take a break from it all like a 3-6 month break.

After 19 years in this forum I'm done. There is just too much noise here. I'll keep following twitter, gdc, siggraph,... I'll avoid fanboys, trolls and possibly those folks who get paid to post. Folks belonging to some categories are beyond saving and don't contribute useful things. I will not be missing any real info as the information gets twisted real hard once it hits internet forums. Some things are not possible to understand in 10 second soundbites or via one tweet. Better to watch the original content and look at what authors wrote in twitter and avoid people who argue based on one liners.

If possible I would really appreciate nuking my account so the temptation to pop back in is gone. There is a good reason why developers deserted this forum. Interesting discussion is in twitter and interesting material is in youtube or some other video service.

Last edited:
Back